Congress and the Democrat Rule

SShewbert

What love is all about
Sorry some of this is in captials I copied from my Myspace.
I think its time everybody realized that its the people that control Congress that is our big problem!!

7 1/2 YEARS OF GEORGE BUSH

TO ALL MY FRIENDS....LIBERAL OR CONSERVATIVE...FYI only.

George Bush has been in office for 7 1/2 years. The first six the economy was fine.

A little over one year ago:
1) Consumer confidence stood at a 2 1/2 year high;
2) Regular gasoline sold for $2.
19 a gallon;
3) the unemployment rate was 4.5%.

4) the DOW JONES hit a record high--14,000 +
5) American's were buying new cars,taking cruises, vacations overseas, living large!...

But American's wanted 'CHANGE'! So, in 2006 they voted in a Democratic Congress and yes--we got 'CHANGE' all right.
In the PAST YEAR:
1) Consumer confidence has plummeted;
2) Gasoline is now over $4 a gallon & climbing!;
3) Unemployment is up to 5.
5% (a 10% increase);
4) Americans have seen their home equity drop by $12 TRILLION DOLLARS and prices still dropping;
5) 1% of American homes are in foreclosure.

6) as I write, THE DOW is probing another low~~
$2.
5 TRILLION DOLLARS HAS EVAPORATED FROM THEIR STOCKS, BONDS & MUTUAL FUNDS INVESTMENT PORTFOLIOS!

YES, IN 2006 AMERICA VOTED FOR CHANGE...AND WE SURE GOT IT! ....

REMEMBER THE PRESIDENT HAS NO CONTROL OVER ANY OF THESE ISSUES, ONLY CONGRESS.

AND WHAT HAS CONGRESS DONE IN THE LAST TWO YEARS, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

NOW THE DEMOCRATIC CANDIDATE FOR PRESIDENT CLAIMS HE IS GOING TO REALLY GIVE US CHANGE ALONG WITH A DEMOCRATIC CONGRESS!!!!

JUST HOW MUCH MORE 'CHANGE' DO YOU THINK YOU CAN STAND?

AndyMarquisLIVE

Someone has to sign the legislation Congress passes into law.

That person would be????

:playsJepordaytheme:

Do we have an answer?????

The President...

... who just so happens to be a Republican. :jet:

SShewbert

What love is all about
This situation was not created in 20 months.

This I do agree with. It has been building and I think that the country is so far gone that no matter which one gets office it will not get better. I do however feel that it could get worst depending on who we choose.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Someone has to sign the legislation Congress passes into law.

That person would be????

:playsJepordaytheme:

Do we have an answer?????

The President...

... who just so happens to be a Republican. :jet:

AND what, pray tell, legsislation did Congress send him to sign that he didn't, that would have prevented this mess..

Can you name ONE bill he Vetoed that Congress presented to fix, or regulate and prevent the collapse?

So take the Jeopardy theme and shove it up your ass...

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
AND what, pray tell, legsislation did Congress send him to sign that he didn't, that would have prevented this mess..

Can you name ONE bill he Vetoed that Congress presented to fix, or regulate and prevent the collapse?

So take the Jeopardy theme and shove it up your ass...

Larry failed to mention the only Bill that would have gone up that would have helped head off this economic crisis were drafted by the Republicans (Co sponsored by McCain) and defeated by the Democratic controlled congress in 2006. Many of the free handout DemoRats feared their names would start coming out and people would start connecting the dots on payoffs and hidden agenda's and most certainly some people would have gone to jail and started singing like birds. So they blocked the bill and here we are today!!! But it's still Bushes fault of course and he should share the blame because he was asleep at the Helm, McCain wasn't but giving him any kind of credit would be unheard of for the drinkers of the NObama Kool-Aid!!!

ifxtrks

Regretfully, the human race is destined to relive the mistakes of the past due to the short sightedness that is inherrant to the species. The debacle we now are in was started when then President Clinton effectively removed the regulations that sepearted the business banking world and the private sector. with the initiation of the North Atlantic Free Trade Agreement (that Hillary and other Democrats agree) was a mistake that allowed US Industry to move major componets outide of the US thus increasing the profit margin for them and moving even more US Dollars into the pocket of foreign investors. Claiming that it would promote fair trade and thereby increase US competition in a global economy and more and better jobs here. If you believe that is true, remember the next time that you purchase an automobile and look under the hood. or call for tech support and listen to the language barrier because you failed to study Farsi or Arabic or some other mid east language when you were in school. The last president that remained in office long enough to see the direct results of their economic policies was President Roosevelt and the New Deal.

ylexot

Super Genius
Regretfully, the human race is destined to relive the mistakes of the past due to the short sightedness that is inherrant to the species. The debacle we now are in was started when then President Clinton effectively removed the regulations that sepearted the business banking world and the private sector. with the initiation of the North Atlantic Free Trade Agreement (that Hillary and other Democrats agree) was a mistake that allowed US Industry to move major componets outide of the US thus increasing the profit margin for them and moving even more US Dollars into the pocket of foreign investors. Claiming that it would promote fair trade and thereby increase US competition in a global economy and more and better jobs here. If you believe that is true, remember the next time that you purchase an automobile and look under the hood. or call for tech support and listen to the language barrier because you failed to study Farsi or Arabic or some other mid east language when you were in school. The last president that remained in office long enough to see the direct results of their economic policies was President Roosevelt and the New Deal.

How did any of that affect the housing market? :confused:

ifxtrks

You are so right, I must apologize. I now cannot see how corporate banking deregulation, loss of American Industry and therefore American Income and stabilization of the American Economy to corporate and individual greed and avarice could possibly have any effect on the housing market. Especially when proper/full disclosure to the poor slobs that didn't fully understand that realestate speculation was a very dangerouse proposition and they could loose their shirts. My sympathies fall to those that were talked into sub-prime loans with intention of keeping their homes and had no intention of selling in 3-5 years in order to reap ungodly profits at the expense of the next poor slob trying to do the same thing

Agee

The last president that remained in office long enough to see the direct results of their economic policies was President Roosevelt and the New Deal.

With the advent of the "New Deal" came the birth of the federal deficit. Money was generated with out secured backing, just as the government is doing today!

We never learn!

ifxtrks

President Nixon took us off of the Gold Standard in 1969 and based the value of the US Dollar on the GNP. So that theoretically as long as the US was producing and selling, our dollar was strong. prior to that the dollar clearly stated that it was backed by Gold or Silver. "Pay to the bearer on demand". Some will remember the gold and silver certificates. with Blue and Red ink. Since that time the Dollar has not been worth the paper it is printed on. The only US money thet is worth its weight, or more correctly, more that its' weight is the penny. Copper costs more than the face value of the penny

Agreed... and here we go again.