St Mary's schools closed tomorrow

jlabsher

Sorry about that chief.
http://www.smcps.k12.md.us/newsevents/news.shtml

School System and Employee Status Posted Wednesday, September 17, 2003 - 10:48 by zthomas
Due to the approach and potential impact of Hurricane Isabel, St. Mary's County Public Schools will be closed on Thursday, September 18, 2003, for students, and will operate under a Code 4 for employees. Code 4 means emergency personnel are to report on time for work; twelve-month employees report to work (liberal leave in effect); ten and eleven-month employees do not report. In addition, all after-school and evening activities for Thursday, September 18, 2003, are cancelled.

Parents are reminded that Friday, September 19, 2003, is a regularly scheduled day off for students. Employees are advised to listen to local radio stations, watch Washington Metropolitan area TV news stations, and visit this Web site for any changes in the school system status for Friday, Sept. 19. Please remember that severe power outages could prevent the school system from updating its Web site.

Elle

Happy Camper!
At least now I don't feel soo guilty. I wasn't planning on sending Tyler tomorrow anyway but he really wants to try for perfect attendance and I felt terrible about not sending him but having him around is more important to me!

TWLs wife

Originally posted by tys_mommy
At least now I don't feel soo guilty. I wasn't planning on sending Tyler tomorrow anyway but he really wants to try for perfect attendance and I felt terrible about not sending him but having him around is more important to me!
At least your son has a goal. I would have done the same thing.:yeahthat:

K

Kimmy

I new yesterday that they were not going to have school. They plan on using the school's for people that have to be evacuated.

Otter

Nothing to see here
Calvert County Public Schools will be closed tomorrow, Thursday, September 18, 2003. School offices will be open (Code Green) but may close early. If the current forecast unfolds as predicted, schools will likely be closed on Friday. A final decision will be made on Thursday. All after-school activities scheduled for Thursday have been cancelled

Bertha Venation

Charles Co. schools

Originally posted by James White
Anyone heard about Charles County schools yet ??
Their website does not provide any information. I've signed up for email alerts, but have received nothing yet. I'll post it if and when I get their news. :rolleyes:

James White

Have a nuisance?Im 4 hire
Charles County closed

WTOP just announced Charles County schools closed on thursday.PG county Thursday and friday.