Nice Speech!!!

jrogers

They walked in tandem, each of the ninety-three students filing into the already crowded auditorium. With rich maroon gowns flowing and the traditional caps, they looked almost as grown up as they felt. Dads swallowed hard behind broad smiles, and moms freely brushed away tears.

This class would not pray during the commencements ... not by choice but because of a recent court ruling prohibiting it.

The principal and several students were careful to stay within the guidelines allowed by the ruling. They gave inspirational and challenging speeches, but no one mentioned divine guidance and no one asked for blessings on the graduates or their families. The speeches were nice, but they were routine ... until the final speech received a standing ovation.

A solitary student named Fred walked proudly to the microphone. He stood still and silent for just a moment, and then he delivered his speech .... an astounding SNEEZE!

The rest of the students rose immediately to their feet, and in unison they said ..."GOD BLESS YOU."

The audience exploded into applause. The graduating class found a unique way to invoke God's blessing on their future... with or without the court's approval.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!! Leave it to our American youth to find a way!
:D

G

giggles04

Originally posted by blueeyes76
the whole senior class at great mills high school says "god bless you"? nah...:rolleyes:

Hahahahaha! Yeah... exactly... at Great Mills.... NOT!!!!!

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Originally posted by jetmonkey
Uh, that's kind of my point. Like Ivory Soap, I am 99.3% sure this didn't happen ANYWHERE. Okay, 100%.

Oh, don't burst our bubble... :bawl:

blueeyes76

goth huh? guess she won't be wearing the school colors then!? ;) i wouldn't either though, i always thought they looked like puke together!!

blueeyes76

she's a better person than i am!! i never wore school colors. our senior shirts were green, no gold in them.

btw, you don't look old enough to have a daughter in hs!

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I never understood how GMHS had green and gold as the colors, and the mascot was the Hornets... Aren't hornets all BLACK? If they were thinking yellowjackets...well, HELLO! YELLOWjackets!!! Though we all hated Chopticon, I secretly loved their colors of Red and Black - still do!

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Originally posted by SxyPrincess
I always wore my school colors: purple & orange. :D

My middle school was Spring Ridge and their colors are purple and gold... too cool... :cool: