No thread on the overturned boat at Myrtle pt?

ohstate

Just came up the Pax from Solomons. Lots of activity right at Pt Patience and Myrtle point w/ an overturned boat in the water around Myrtle point. Lots of SAR in the water and a helicopter overhead. We were told to go slow and towards the St. Mary's side around the Pt. Prayers for those people on the boat are in order if you're so inclined.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Just came up the Pax from Solomons. Lots of activity right at Pt Patience and Myrtle point w/ an overturned boat in the water around Myrtle point. Lots of SAR in the water and a helicopter overhead. We were told to go slow and towards the St. Mary's side around the Pt. Prayers for those people on the boat are in order if you're so inclined.

I saw the rescue boat on its way about 545-6ish on 235 S. I hope they are okay.

Jameo

What?!
Cigarette type boat over turned coming around Pt Patience around 530ish. 2 people onboard. 1 with injuries and they are looking for the other. This is info from someone that was up fishing in front of Hulas so, I don't know how much truth there is to it

ohstate

We were headed into Solomons about the time the tow boat and another cigarette boat were flying out of Solomons, about 5:40? We had just passed Pt. Patience and hadn't seen anything on the way down. Must have just missed it.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Cigarette type boat over turned coming around Pt Patience around 530ish. 2 people onboard. 1 with injuries and they are looking for the other. This is info from someone that was up fishing in front of Hulas so, I don't know how much truth there is to it

I hope they are okay.

I saw the rescue boat on its way just after passing the motorcycle accident by Dr. Christie's. :ohwell:

ginwoman

What is SAR?

LusbyMom

You're a LOON :)
We listened to most of this call on the scanner. We had just left PRAD when it happened and passed all the rescue people heading down there. Very sad :(

DuffMan

Just came across the the bridge around 7:30 and there were alot of police boats and divers around Point Patience. From what I hear it was two people in the boat that turned over. Looks like one dead because they have not found him yet.

G1G4

Find em Hot, Leave em Wet
Pax River and Hazmat both were on their way over about 25 mins ago, passed them non-emergency at 235/4 intersection.
If they don't find him/her by midnight, they'll probably resume the search in the morning.