St Marys Today Abolishment Petition

jlfree25

Steelers Fan 4-life
Sign the petition to show your disdain and disgust for the 'journalism' that is being written in the St. Marys Today.

Stop St Marys Today! Petition : [ powered by iPetitions.com ]

(This topic was made at the request of people in another thread. :p )

Can I sign again? I really hate that paper, when a friend of mine was killed in a car accident they had pictures on there and you could see his head hanging out the window. Since then I despise them.

jlfree25

Steelers Fan 4-life
Go read the 1st amendment to the Constitution. You may not like what they print or put on the web, but give them credit for constantly hammering politicans.

It's the point that half the crap they publish isn't factual. We don't want to close them but if it happens fine. WE are just going to let people know that sell them that we will not patronize thier business. Even if the advertise with them. That's our right also.

G1G4

Find em Hot, Leave em Wet
Yeah, I know they stick it to the politicans but they constantly do half-arsed reporting on the NEWS in Southern Maryland. They're great when it comes to slapping politicians in the face, but when it comes to local reporting, they flat out suck. Not to mention, the editor/reporter/same-person-doing-both adds their own opinion into the story, which is fine I suppose until they start flat out ragging on them.

G1G4

In general. It seems like any article involving death with a motor vehicle/bike or boat, their opinions run rampant. This petition, however, was sparked by the boating accident.

jayboy

Pfft you don't impress me
In general. It seems like any article involving death with a motor vehicle/bike or boat, their opinions run rampant. This petition, however, was sparked by the boating accident.

Oh, I don't read that paper. So I missed it.

G1G4

All those anonymous signatures will really get someone's attention, lols.

That's the beauty of the internet. Honestly, I could care less. Someone wanted a petition started and I started it. Then, they wanted their own topic -- so there ya go.

Go G-Men

Sign the petition to show your disdain and disgust for the 'journalism' that is being written in the St. Marys Today.

Stop St Marys Today! Petition : [ powered by iPetitions.com ]

(This topic was made at the request of people in this thread. :p )

If you truly want to "Abolish" the ST Mary's Today than you should do it through a boycott not through a petition.

Each and every time you go to the webpage and the counter logs you there he/she gets more advertising money.

Stop going to the website and stop buying the paper and that rag will go away. That is the American Way

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
While I don't appreciate all aspects of their newspaper, I think a lot of their writing is absolutely on target. If someone is being a dirtbag, they have no problem calling it like it is. If someone is a drunk driver, they identify who that person is, and I have no problem with that. If someone acts lke a jackalope, they call them out on it, and I'm ok with that, too. I like it when they ride the ass of someone who deserves it.

Now, having said that, I think it is cruel when they post photos of scenes involving dead people....often showing obscured bodies in the process. It's tasteless and crass and hurtful to family members.

Their writing is intended to grab headlines that compels someone to buy their newspaper. I get that...it creates income to them, and the more salacious the writing, the more money they make by selling newspapers. But sometimes their writing is too premature....before the entire story is put out, they (St. Mary's Today) is oftentimes out there spreading half-truths. They could at least wait to get more factual information before posting their stories to their website.

All in all, I sorta like St. mary's Today, but I've never spent any money purchasing their rag at a newsstand.

Oh, and whoever does their web page design needs to be shot. Seriously, their web page is horrid...absolutely terrible.

T

toppick08

While I don't appreciate all aspects of their newspaper, I think a lot of their writing is absolutely on target. If someone is being a dirtbag, they have no problem calling it like it is. If someone is a drunk driver, they identify who that person is, and I have no problem with that. If someone acts lke a jackalope, they call them out on it, and I'm ok with that, too. I like it when they ride the ass of someone who deserves it.

Now, having said that, I think it is cruel when they post photos of scenes involving dead people....often showing obscured bodies in the process. It's tasteless and crass and hurtful to family members.

Their writing is intended to grab headlines that compels someone to buy their newspaper. I get that...it creates income to them, and the more salacious the writing, the more money they make by selling newspapers. But sometimes their writing is too premature....before the entire story is put out, they (St. Mary's Today) is oftentimes out there spreading half-truths. They could at least wait to get more factual information before posting their stories to their website.

All in all, I sorta like St. mary's Today, but I've never spent any money purchasing their rag at a newsstand.

Oh, and whoever does their web page design needs to be shot. Seriously, their web page is horrid...absolutely terrible.

:high5:

Bevk

Boating Accident

That reporter is a real jerk. This is not the first time that guy has said something very hurt full in articles about some of my friends.

He wrote a really bad article about 12 or 13 years ago when one of our friends children was killed. He should really watch the way he writes.

It is one thing to give facts but, to really slam people at a time like that is really uncalled for.

I am glad I had the opportunity to finally write what I think of him.

BernieP

Resident PIA
kind of beat me to it. I was going to say that I'd wager that those wanting to ban said rag, applaud when said rag champions their pet cause.
Then again, maybe they never heard of "tabliod journalism" - it's a style that actually has a name. Look it up (not you BG).

after reading the story about the boating accident I don't see the problem. They drew no conclusion, they laid out what presumablely are the two options; stupidity or being drunk.

Last edited:

oldman

Lobster Land
His job is to sell his newspaper and he's obviously doing that or he'd be out of business already. I KNOW his reporting isn't totally correct all the time but I do check the website maybe once a week. I am able to take his reporting with a grain salt and isn't that sort of the American way? I used to buy the paper but haven't in years now. I somewhat appreciate a 5th view on news at times because I know of no paper that writes totally unbiased reports.

LordStanley

I know nothing
kind of beat me to it. I was going to say that I'd wager that those wanting to ban said rag, applaud when said rag champions their pet cause.
Then again, maybe they never heard of "tabliod journalism" - it's a style that actually has a name. Look it up (not you BG).

after reading the story about the boating accident I don't see the problem. They drew no conclusion, they laid out what presumablely are the two options; stupidity or being drunk.

Where is your proof or his, that they were drunk?. And Coming from Tiki no less...

Last edited:

oldman

Lobster Land
Where is your proof or his, that they were drunk?. And Coming from Tiki no less...

Let's suppose the drunk option is out. So you'd just rather go with the being stupid option? Isn't operating a boat such as that an not knowing how to read a GPS or map that shows the shallows or following the buoys just something someone stupid might do, especially if he were drunk?