Motorcyle crash, 2 killed. Makes my blood boil!

Gunn317

In Today's Enterprise: Two killed in motorcycle crash

...Phillip Brian Natalie, 26, of Lexington Park was driving the Yamaha R-1 motorcycle west on Willows Road at 5:43 p.m. that day, police report, when the motorcycle collided in the roadway's eastbound lane with a car turning left to enter that lane from Crimson Drive.
The Toyota Camry involved in the collision was driven by Lateesha Shonte Cooper, 25, of Lexington Park, who was treated at the hospital and released.

I say Lateesha Shonte Cooper needs to be put away for the rest of her life, or worse. Can't people just take that one extra second to look a bit more carefully (perhaps put down the cell phone?) to make sure the road is clear before you decide to pull out? Nothing like pulling out in front of a pretty much defenseless motorcyle.

Now I know there are usually two sides to every story, but...this is an unfortunate common occurance. "I just didn't see him".

I just don't get it....now two people are dead, because of Lateesha Shonte Cooper. Let this be a call to specifically look for motorcyles when pulling out into the street.

Oh, and I don't ride one (yet), but my Mom and Dad did, and I always worried about them; not because of my Dad's ability but for this very reason here.

I say Lateesha Shonte Cooper needs to be put away for the rest of her life, or worse. Can't people just take that one extra second to look a bit more carefully (perhaps put down the cell phone?) to make sure the road is clear before you decide to pull out? Nothing like pulling out in front of a pretty much defenseless motorcyle.

Now I know there are usually two sides to every story, but...this is an unfortunate common occurance. "I just didn't see him".

I just don't get it....now two people are dead, because of Lateesha Shonte Cooper. Let this be a call to specifically look for motorcyles when pulling out into the street.
Last I recall, that is a 40 mph road in that section... how fast was the bike going? If the bike was going considerably faster than the posted speed limit then the biker is the primary blame for this unfortunate event.

Phillip Brian Natalie, 26, of Lexington Park was driving the Yamaha R-1 motorcycle west on Willows Road at 5:43 p.m. that day, police report, when the motorcycle collided in the roadway's eastbound lane with a car turning left to enter that lane from Crimson Drive.

... and what was the bike doing in the eastbound lane if it was heading west...:confused:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Not to be mean, but when you get on a motorcycle, this is a risk you take. This is why you'll never catch me on a bike.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Phillip Brian Natalie, 26, of Lexington Park was driving the Yamaha R-1 motorcycle west on Willows Road at 5:43 p.m. that day, police report, when the motorcycle collided in the roadway's eastbound lane with a car turning left to enter that lane from Crimson Drive.

... and what was the bike doing in the eastbound lane if it was heading west...:confused:

Trying to avoid a collision?

jlfree25

Steelers Fan 4-life

Oh, and I don't ride one (yet), but my Mom and Dad did, and I always worried about them; not because of my Dad's ability but for this very reason here.

:yeahthat:

I'm sorry for your pain and my prayers are with you and the family and friends involved in the lose of two young people.

If you go onto the Baynet where this story is her and her mother are defending what she did saying if the motocycle wasn't speeding then it would of never of hit the car.

I know my self a "crotch rocket" as people call them don't stop on a dime no matter how fast you are going. She was comparing it to a Harley that she supposidly rode when she was little. Anyone knows that there is a difference between a Harley and a Crotch Rocket but Neither one of them can stop on a dime.

I feel the same as you do. Just wanted to point out that they may be on here trying to bad mouth the victims. Just like they did on the baynet. But Sarah Brian's sister asked that none of there friends or family go after the driver of the car because that's not what brian would of wanted.

But Sarah Brian's sister asked that none of there friends or family go after the driver of the car because that's not what brian would of wanted.

That's good to hear... If the bike was speeding as is being reported, than she's truly a victim in this mess.

We do not know the entire facts of the story. :shrug:

You are assuming Lateesha stated "I just didn't see him." - It is not in the article you are referring to, unless you know something more than we do...

If this is truly the case, I agree stiffer penalties should be in place when a car is at fault in a motorcycle accident.

jlfree25

Steelers Fan 4-life

Was he in the turning lane because they only lived the next turn up on the left. So he couldn't of been going that fast.

I did find out that yesterday was Brian's 27th birthday so I can only imagine what the family and friends are going through.

So anyone has the right to pull out in front of anybody because they are speeding? So if you can judge that they are speeding than you should be able to judge whether or not you can safely pull out. I have been riding bikes for 29 years. Yes I have almost pulled out in front of cars and bikes. Yes I believe people make terrible mistakes and use terrible judgement, but I don't believe for one minute she is a victim because the bike might have been speeding.

So anyone has the right to pull out in front of anybody because they are speeding? So if you can judge that they are speeding than you should be able to judge whether or not you can safely pull out. I have been riding bikes for 29 years. Yes I have almost pulled out in front of cars and bikes. Yes I believe people make terrible mistakes and use terrible judgement, but I don't believe for one minute she is a victim because the bike might have been speeding.

She may have had a clear right of way when she began to pull out. A speeding vehicle can come up on you before you can register it visually or after you have no choice but to continue the course of action you are already on. So yes, it is possible she is the primary victim in this crash. How fast was the bike going?

Possibly lost control after braking or trying to avoid.

Was he in the turning lane because they only lived the next turn up on the left. So he couldn't of been going that fast.

I did find out that yesterday was Brian's 27th birthday so I can only imagine what the family and friends are going through.

That car is pretty bent up. What is the speed limit there?

jlfree25

Steelers Fan 4-life
Possibly lost control after braking or trying to avoid.

That car is pretty bent up. What is the speed limit there?

The car was also a Camry and I have seen several Camry's that are barely hit with anything get a huge dent in it.

It is posted 40 and I don't believe that they were going that fast since they lived right there just up the street.

Beta84

They're out to get us
I knew them...not sure if they were coming or going, but they were less than half a mile from their apartment :frown:

honestly don't think they'd be irresponsible enough to be in the wrong lane or doing anything stupid on the bike. thanks.

honestly don't think they'd be irresponsible enough to be in the wrong lane or doing anything stupid on the bike. thanks.
You don't know whether they were coming or going, you don't know you fast they were going and you don't know why they were heading west and collided while in the eastbound lane. Does anybody know yet?