Pink liquidy cat puke?!!

H

HouseCat

Kitty hurled a few hairballs last night and was catterwauling a bit.. Ok, no big deal, we get hairballs about once a month. But this morning there was puddles of liquidy pink vomit everywhere! Clear, pink vomit..like bile or something. He looked like he was feeling pretty bad too. Didn't want to come out of his cubby hole and just groaned.

I don't know if he got into anything. I don't have plants, and the trash is inaccessible. Stomach virus? Anybody know what this is? Could this be blood?

I am very worried and feel bad cause I had to leave him at home so long. I am the only one in the office today so I can't leave until later. I did make him an appointment at 5pm, so I hope he's ok until then. :frown:

belvak

Happy Camper
Wow, no idea, but I'm glad you have an appointment for him this afternoon. I hope he is feeling better! :huggy:

Kitty hurled a few hairballs last night and was catterwauling a bit.. Ok, no big deal, we get hairballs about once a month. But this morning there was puddles of liquidy pink vomit everywhere! Clear, pink vomit..like bile or something. He looked like he was feeling pretty bad too. Didn't want to come out of his cubby hole and just groaned.

I don't know if he got into anything. I don't have plants, and the trash is inaccessible. Stomach virus? Anybody know what this is? Could this be blood?

I am very worried and feel bad cause I had to leave him at home so long. I am the only one in the office today so I can't leave until later. I did make him an appointment at 5pm, so I hope he's ok until then. :frown:

Do you have any mouse bait put out anywhere near the house/garage?

H

HouseCat

Do you have any mouse bait put out anywhere near the house/garage?
No, we sure don't. I have another cat, Dingaling, and she's fine. She's the younger, more curiously obnoxious one, so I was thinking it was her until I saw Boogers hooerfin last night...then again this morning.
Boogers does like to eat spiders, so I sure hope he didnt eat a poisonous spider. I've never seen any in the house except little harmless house/garden spiders. I don't know that they might be poisonous to cats or not though. Crap, I dont know what he could have found.

Thanks, Belvak.

Yeah, Inkpen, that's what I'm afraid of. :bawl:

DEEKAYPEE8569

No, we sure don't. I have another cat, Dingaling, and she's fine. She's the younger, more curiously obnoxious one, so I was thinking it was her until I saw Boogers hooerfin last night...then again this morning.
Boogers does like to eat spiders, so I sure hope he didnt eat a poisonous spider. I've never seen any in the house except little harmless house/garden spiders. I don't know that they might be poisonous to cats or not though. Crap, I dont know what he could have found.

Thanks, Belvak.

Yeah, Inkpen, that's what I'm afraid of. :bawl:
-------------------------------------

If Boogers goes outside at all and eats grass, maybe he ate part of a piece of bark; for example; something could have possibly scratched his esophagus (sp?)

H

HouseCat

-------------------------------------

If Boogers goes outside at all and eats grass, maybe he ate part of a piece of bark; for example; something could have possibly scratched his esophagus (sp?)
Boogers and Dingaling don't go outside. He's got allergies...(S'why I call him Boogers.)

DEEKAYPEE8569

Boogers and Dingaling don't go outside. He's got allergies...(S'why I call him Boogers.)

He's not allergic to cats is he?:killingme

(I'm sorry, I had to) I'm done now.

Seriously though, could he have swallowed something and scratched his throat or maybe he has a bleeding ulcer??

H

HouseCat

We are keeping an eye on Boogers right now. He hasn't puked since Wednesday morning. Vet couldn't find anything and said that if he keeps puking for more than a day than to bring him back in, but since it was just a few times, and he's still eating like a horse and drinking...running around now, that its more and likely temporary. He probably ate something scratchy, like DEEKAY mentioned, or something else I wasn't aware of.
Seems fine now... really wierd.. I'm keeping an eye on him though.

M

Mousebaby

That's great that he is better. I have a Boogers too, I didn't realize that name was so common! :lmao: Mine is named that because I kept calling him a little snot when he was a kitten. He was one of those that attacked your feet anytime you walked past him! :lmao:

H

HouseCat

That's great that he is better. I have a Boogers too, I didn't realize that name was so common! :lmao: Mine is named that because I kept calling him a little snot when he was a kitten. He was one of those that attacked your feet anytime you walked past him! :lmao:
Mine leaves boogers on the french doors when he looks outside, bless his heart...I go through a lot of Windex. lol

H

HouseCat

:roflmao: That is too funny!

Hey, do you have a medium hair cat that....well, just can't seem to keep his bum clean? Boogers isn't fat or chunky, but he's not thin either. He's medium hair, and he's completely white. Sometimes it looks like someone took a melting fudge-cicle and just poked him in the butt with it.

I think he's really lazy, cause I know he can reach it. He always manages to sit in the middle of the dining room, and "dine" on the ol chocolate starfish when we're having dinner... I don't know what that cat's problem is. LOL

We use a lot of baby wipes too... I really hate doing that...

M

Mousebaby

Hey, do you have a medium hair cat that....well, just can't seem to keep his bum clean? Boogers isn't fat or chunky, but he's not thin either. He's medium hair, and he's completely white. Sometimes it looks like someone took a melting fudge-cicle and just poked him in the butt with it.

I think he's really lazy, cause I know he can reach it. He always manages to sit in the middle of the dining room, and "dine" on the ol chocolate starfish when we're having dinner... I don't know what that cat's problem is. LOL

We use a lot of baby wipes too... I really hate doing that...

Might be a good idea to contact Paso and have her shave that area so things don't stick to it. We have to do that with my poodle on a regular basis. My only long hair cat keeps himself so clean I kinda expect him to squeak when I pet him! :lmao:

H

HouseCat

Might be a good idea to contact Paso and have her shave that area so things don't stick to it. We have to do that with my poodle on a regular basis. My only long hair cat keeps himself so clean I kinda expect him to squeak when I pet him! :lmao:
shave around the cats butt, huh?

I can't wait to see the look on the hubby's face when I tell him about that appointment. :killingme

Better yet, how does one ask another forumite to shave their cat's butt? Hey Paso! How's it going? I hear you shave cat's butts....:shrug:

Last edited by a moderator: