Public Meeting

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
A public meeting will be held Wednesday, October 22 at 6:30 PM at the Ridge Fire House to discuss plans by St. Mary’s College to build a pedestrian bridge over Rt. 5 at Historic St. Mary’s City; to demolish Anne Arundel Hall and Margaret Brent Hall and rebuild a Visitor’s Center in their place; to build a multi-million dollar mega pier in front of the recently completed River Center buildings on the shoreline of St. Mary’s River , to maintain a 10-year lease with Alba, Italy; and to discuss other plans to buy property along the corridor from Park Hall to the entrance of St. Mary’s College.

The main concern of the Citizens for the Preservation of Historic St. Mary’c City (CPHSMC) is to preserve the very important historic sites and the beautiful panoramic view of the St. Mary’s River.. However, in this time of huge government deficits resulting in increased taxes at both state and federal levels, we must be equally concerned about fiscal responsibility of state institutions. State and Federal funding must be provided only to projects which are absolutely necessary.

Internal advisory committees established and directed by the College do not adequately reflect the views of the public at large. Come to this public meeting to obtain valuable information and to express your views on this important matter. Senator Roy Dyson has been invited to address the group and answer questions you may have. All attendees will be given the opportunity to speak. Exercise your right to be a part of decision-making policies at state institutions!

For additional information, call 301-872-4262.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
It's about time. I think it's a good use of our tax money to stop the slaughter of the innocent children that cross the road there.
Since I moved here in in '86 the number of students that have been killed or injured there is staggering.

I think it's up to 0

jlfree25

Steelers Fan 4-life
A public meeting will be held Wednesday, October 22 at 6:30 PM at the Ridge Fire House to discuss plans by St. Mary’s College to build a pedestrian bridge over Rt. 5 at Historic St. Mary’s City; to demolish Anne Arundel Hall and Margaret Brent Hall and rebuild a Visitor’s Center in their place; to build a multi-million dollar mega pier in front of the recently completed River Center buildings on the shoreline of St. Mary’s River , to maintain a 10-year lease with Alba, Italy; and to discuss other plans to buy property along the corridor from Park Hall to the entrance of St. Mary’s College.

The main concern of the Citizens for the Preservation of Historic St. Mary’c City (CPHSMC) is to preserve the very important historic sites and the beautiful panoramic view of the St. Mary’s River.. However, in this time of huge government deficits resulting in increased taxes at both state and federal levels, we must be equally concerned about fiscal responsibility of state institutions. State and Federal funding must be provided only to projects which are absolutely necessary.

Internal advisory committees established and directed by the College do not adequately reflect the views of the public at large. Come to this public meeting to obtain valuable information and to express your views on this important matter. Senator Roy Dyson has been invited to address the group and answer questions you may have. All attendees will be given the opportunity to speak. Exercise your right to be a part of decision-making policies at state institutions!

For additional information, call 301-872-4262.

I have been saying for years that they need to put a bridge over the road there for crossing. I will be at the meeting.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
I have been saying for years that they need to put a bridge over the road there for crossing. I will be at the meeting.
I totally disagree. Like aps said, no one has ever been hit there. Quit spending my money!!

CobbWeb

No Need

I totally disagree. Like aps said, no one has ever been hit there. Quit spending my money!!

I agree there are more important places to spend that money, maybe put a light at 235 and Airport View, serious crash there about every couple weeks.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
I'm sure when they do build it (since the protests of the local community don't count), it will be a magnificent antique brick structure that is in keeping with the colonial architecture of the campus.
A structure of concrete and steel simply won't do.

MMDad

Lem Putt
I'm sure when they do build it (since the protests of the local community don't count), it will be a magnificent antique brick structure that is in keeping with the colonial architecture of the campus.
A structure of concrete and steel simply won't do.

It will have historically correct vinyl siding, just like the boat house does.

krb

Just drove my neice back down there after visiting me for the weekend-she mentioned a girl in one of her classes who is in a wheelchair after crossing Rt 5.

So SOMEONE has been hit there.....................

Do we need to wait until a college student DIES?

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Just drove my neice back down there after visiting me for the weekend-she mentioned a girl in one of her classes who is in a wheelchair after crossing Rt 5.

Really?? I'd like to see a link to the news story. I don't recall hearing about this. Please provide a link. TIA

Baja28

Obama destroyed America

I just did two google searches and nothing came up. Help.

Cowgirl

Are the students complaining? Or citizens? If it's the students, they should go to a campus like College Park. No mercy there...

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
I agree that a bridge is not needed, what is really needed is for the school officials and parents of the students to remind these kids to stop and look both ways before they walk into the roadway. I would also like to add the friendly suggestion to anyone to uses those crosswalks, to not be reading while crossing or cross halfway and then stop in the middle and wait for your other friends to catch up.

ImnoMensa

How about a tunnel? Nah I guess they couldnt keep the water out of that.

Another thing just because the college gets the grant ,doesnt mean it can be used anywhere else. probably has to stay there. but damn do they really need a visitor center so badly they would tear down two buildings to get it.

jlfree25

Steelers Fan 4-life
Really?? I'd like to see a link to the news story. I don't recall hearing about this. Please provide a link. TIA

A couple of Students have been hit crossing that rd. So a bridge would be a good thing if you lived local you would of known that.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
A couple of Students have been hit crossing that rd. So a bridge would be a good thing if you lived local you would of known that.
Really??? Tell me, where do I live??

Please provide links to the news stories where the students were struck.

If you can't, I suggest you shut up and STOP WASTING MY MONEY!!

FromTexas

This Space for Rent

College students are a dime a dozen. More jobs for the rest of us in these hard economic times.

jlfree25

Steelers Fan 4-life
Really??? Tell me, where do I live??

Please provide links to the news stories where the students were struck.

If you can't, I suggest you shut up and STOP WASTING MY MONEY!!

I don't know where you live if you had never heard that a student was hit in the crosswalk at St. Mary's College. I know of at least one student if not two.
You go ahead and keep thinking that you are right and everyone else is wrong. The student was hit at least two years ago.

So why don't you Shut The F**K Up and kiss my A** stop wasting thread space with your bull.:bigwhoop: