Police Car at Carwash

Hawkeyewife

I don't know if I am going to get myself into trouble for asking this, but today at about 5:30pm I was at the Chesaldine car wash (the robot one) and there was a police car in front of me with two officers inside it in uniform getting a wash. They got the $10 wash (with the RainX). With the current economic problems and tighter budgets etc. should they be getting $10 washes at tax payer expense??? I just always assumed they washed their own vehicles at the station/garage. Am I wrong?

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
I don't know if I am going to get myself into trouble for asking this, but today at about 5:30pm I was at the Chesaldine car wash (the robot one) and there was a police car in front of me with two officers inside it in uniform getting a wash. They got the $10 wash (with the RainX). With the current economic problems and tighter budgets etc. should they be getting $10 washes at tax payer expense??? I just always assumed they washed their own vehicles at the station/garage. Am I wrong?
How do you know it was at tax payer expense? If the cops paid for it themself what is the problem?

K

Kain99

OMG there was a major carwash scandal like 20 years ago involving an officer. I think his name was Allie Babcock. Damn if I can remember what the details were. :lmao:

Hawkeyewife

You are right...

I just assumed it was at taxpayer expense. Are individual officers responsible for taking care of their car's appearance?

Just wondering.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
I just assumed it was at taxpayer expense. Are individual officers responsible for taking care of their car's appearance?

Just wondering.
Probably, unless they get the PBJ types to wash them like the state boys do.

Cowgirl

Just wondering.

I work for the state and have a state vehicle assigned to me. I am responsible for the vehicle's cleanliness, but I'll be damned if I'm going to spend my own money taking it to the carwash. So what if they're not using their own money? Would you rather them spend an hour washing it on the clock?

Highlander

ONE NATION UNDER GOD

It bothers me a little that you would even worry about such a thing. I would think that either the officer paid himself or got a free or discounted wash. I doubt the taxpayer paid for it. In any case, why did it bother you enough to mention it on this forum? Would you be the type to also complain that the police cars your taxes pay for are so dirty and not taken care of,too?

The police are really the good guys but they just can't catch a break these days. Find something good to say about them.

Last edited:

dontknowwhy

So... My state owned tax paid vehicle I've allowed to be issued to you and you don't even have the common decency to keep it clean?

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
I work for the state and have a state vehicle assigned to me. I am responsible for the vehicle's cleanliness, but I'll be damned if I'm going to spend my own money taking it to the carwash. So what if they're not using their own money? Would you rather them spend an hour washing it on the clock?
Your situation is different. they drive the cars home.

If you were allowed to take the state car home, I'd say you should wash it on your time/dime.

If you disagree with this, I'd say ok, leave the state car here and you can drive your personal vehicle to and from work, pay the gas, wear & tear, insurance, maintenance...... see where I'm going? :love:

glhs837

Power with Control
No telling, could be out of the officers pocket, could be the county has a contract that saves the county money, they get XX number of washes a month.

Cowgirl

So... My state owned tax paid vehicle I've allowed to be issued to you and you don't even have the common decency to keep it clean?

Are you talking to me? If so, I keep it very clean, but I don't spend my own money doing it. I don't spend yours either. :neener:

Cowgirl

Your situation is different. they drive the cars home.

If you were allowed to take the state car home, I'd say you should wash it on your time/dime.

If you disagree with this, I'd say ok, leave the state car here and you can drive your personal vehicle to and from work, pay the gas, wear & tear, insurance, maintenance...... see where I'm going? :love:

I agree with you. :shrug:

Just wondering.

My CC cop buddy washes his cruiser at least a week, and waxes it once a month... Every weekend it is super clean down to the tires... he uses his own supplies.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Hmm...

$10 for a car wash or having a highly trained and well-paid officer washing a car when he could be out patrolling. :rolleyes: