3 Feet of...

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Feces Dug Up in Home of 130 Cats :yikes:

MILWAUKEE - Cats were literally coming out of the walls of this south side home.

Last week, Milwaukee police found 130 felines and a dog in house where trash and cat feces was found up to 3 feet deep.

Inspectors came to the house last week after neighbors complained about smells coming from the three-bedroom house. When they arrived, they found the sinks and bathtubs filled with cat food. The cats had crawled into the walls, ducts and ceilings, said Donn Jacobson, an animal control officer for the Milwaukee Area Domestic Animal Control Commission.

The cats drank water from the house's three toilets and a leaky basement pipe, he said.

The house has been condemned by the city and may have to be razed.

The house's owner died in 1997, but the woman's adult son returned regularly to feed the animals, said Martin Collins, head of the Department of Neighborhood Services.

"Once the cats breed inside the walls, its economically impossible to clean it up," Collins said. "You can imagine what's inside those walls, and what the house is going to smell like forever."

Jacobson has been trudging through the house twice a day for a week, luring cats into metal cages baited with canned tuna.

"I'm hoping it will end soon," he said. "I'm sick of coming down here."

The cats and the dog all appear to be healthy and have been transported to an animal control facility until authorities can figure out what to do with them, said John McDowell, a field commander for the animal control agency.

The rescue smashes the city record of 82 removed from a home in the late 1980s, Collins said.

:barf: :barf: :barf:

James White

Have a nuisance?Im 4 hire
Not fun

Jazzy,
I can tell you first hand ,those places ""STINK""
We our regualrly called out by a Homeowner or their insurance company to clean-up these messes.Bio-Hazard,Full respirators,Tyvex suits,and still the smell and the maggots get all over you.

Make great money on them clean-ups,but man,to see what some people have and what some people live in would make you sick.

K

Kizzy

I cannot stand to be in this lady's house up the street because she has 5 stinky cats. I couldn't imagine that smell multiplied by 26. :barf:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
And in our own backyard...

Police Raid Animal House in Northeast DC

Washington - After months of complaining, some Capitol Hill residents finally got action taken against a neighbor who kept what amounts to an animal house.

Police kicked in the door at 328 Maryland Avenue, Northeast, today, and discovered some troubling things. They removed 26 living cats, plus a decomposed corpse believed to be of another cat. There was feces all over.

Neighbors, though, were hardly surprised. They say the stench from the home has long invaded their own apartments. One resident says he's been nauseous at times, and has occasionally gone to stay with friends.

A Humane Society spokeswoman says they've spent 18-months talking to the woman who owns the house, and have taken animals out of there at least twice before in the last two years.

The Humane Society says it will only charge the woman if it's a way of getting her help. Neighbors say they saw her leaving this morning.

DC law limits residents to four pets per household.

~~~~~~~~~~

Is it me, or does there seem to be more and more of this stuff happening? Yuck. :dead:

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
There was a house like that in St. Charles a few years ago. After numerous complaints, County officials went in and discovered dozens of dead cats. According to the neighbors, the old woman who lived there had left a couple of years before and her son had been gone a couple of months. After hauling a couple of dump trucks full of trash out, the county found mom in the garage, wrapped in a trash bag.