hahahahahahaha

Gwydion

I'm surprised I lived through last night, to be honest. What with all the looting, and civil war, and sky falling.

Gwydion

:pete:
Now...it did give me a chuckle when I thought, "How are those folks on TV celebrating at midnight+? I know I have work tomorrow...oh....:doh:" :lol:

I was curled up in bed watching. There was a picture of Chicago this morning....there was like...nothing going on at 7am. Everybody was still asleep.

craberta

I hope people can laugh when their tax bill is due, and electric bills skyrocket when the coal industry is bankrupt, wich obama intens to due. HA HA HA HA Crap!

Gwydion

I hope people can laugh when their tax bill is due, and electric bills skyrocket when the coal industry is bankrupt, wich obama intens to due. HA HA HA HA Crap!

It's fine. I'd rather pay quadruple my electric bill if it helps the planet.

LateApex

:pete:
Now...it did give me a chuckle when I thought, "How are those folks on TV celebrating at midnight+? I know I have work tomorrow...oh....:doh:" :lol:

I know, right?

It's incredible how these people can stay up late - and still show up to work the next day!

I mean, we all know that if you stay up late - you can't possibly show up to your job.

That's craziness...

Last edited:

LastSon

Man of Tomorrow

Meanwhile India will build 11 new coal burning power plants in this coming year alone. America is going green when the rest of the developing world couldn't care less.

Gwydion

Meanwhile India will build 11 new coal burning power plants in this coming year alone. America is going green when the rest of the developing world couldn't care less.

Thats fine. I don't lower my standards due to other people.

thatguy

and i guess you want us to have bathrooms and transportation along the line of india too :killingme

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!

So we allow every other 3rd world country to do our dirty work so you can feel good about the planet!!! Ridiculous, the tides still flow and the wind still blows!!!

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"

Yup and Constellation's (big employer in SOMD) portfolio consists mostly of coal burning plants, it's nuclear side is only about 20% of generation.

Defense spending will be cut, hope all you base workers that voted for Obama don't lose your jobs.

Hope that his taxing business at higher rates don't force them to cut back eliminating YOUR job.

Gwydion

So we allow every other 3rd world country to do our dirty work so you can feel good about the planet!!! Ridiculous, the tides still flow and the wind still blows!!!

Ok, question for you. If we -do- open a coal burning facility here in the US will India shut one of theirs down?

Nope, so let us get America clean while attempting to persuade other countries to as well.

LastSon

Man of Tomorrow
and i guess you want us to have bathrooms and transportation along the line of india too :killingme

lol far from it, my girlfriend was there for close to a month doing some volunteer work and I don't think that anyone should have to live in those conditions. Crazy stuff man.

thatguy

lol far from it, my girlfriend was there for close to a month doing some volunteer work and I don't think that anyone should have to live in those conditions. Crazy stuff man.

so why would you want us to use their environmental laws as a standard?

We are the leaders on this, and our trade agreements generally guide our allies towards similar restrictions. Think what the worl would be like if we hadn't already forced most of the civilized world to "care" about dumping chemical and industrial wastes into the rivers.....

LastSon

Man of Tomorrow
so why would you want us to use their environmental laws as a standard?

We are the leaders on this, and our trade agreements generally guide our allies towards similar restrictions. Think what the worl would be like if we hadn't already forced most of the civilized world to "care" about dumping chemical and industrial wastes into the rivers.....

Where did I ever say that I wanted to use their environmental laws as a standard? Please do not put words in my mouth. I was merely commenting on the fact that I think that the whole "green" movement is a fad and a waste of time when the rest of the developing world really couldn't care less, and are doing far more damage than we ever even thought about doing. Maybe one day, they will be where we are now, but they're not even close yet.

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

Where did I ever say that I wanted to use their environmental laws as a standard? Please do not put words in my mouth. I was merely commenting on the fact that I think that the whole "green" movement is a fad and a waste of time when the rest of the developing world really couldn't care less, and are doing far more damage than we ever even thought about doing. Maybe one day, they will be where we are now, but they're not even close yet.

:eyebrow:
Lets look at their industrialism compared to America's.
Even if 1/3 of America used coal for electricity purposes alone, I could still see us doing more damage than 3rd world India...

Suppose I could be wrong though, but I can't see such an undeveloped area making such a major impact on the environment :shrug: