Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: $1.99 gas in lusby!

CalvertNewbie
    Quote Originally Posted by jsouthan View Post
    I think they mean with the extra discounts you can get with your club card ($.10 off for every 2 prescriptions, $.10 off for every $100 spent, extra bonuses if you buy gift cards). Right now I have $.20 coming off the next time I fill up.
    The thing I like about this new program is that if you spend $20 this time and then $50 the next, it keeps adding them up until you reach the $100 to give you the $.10 discount. I just switched all my prescriptions from CVS to Safeway to get the extra discount. That was an extra $.30/gallon right there.
    Thanks, I'll have to start paying more attention. I use my card everytime I shop there, which is fairly often. I'll be buying gift cards really soon, too. How is the pharmacy? Do you find that they have rx's in stock? I've had an ongoing issue with RiteAid (almost always give me partial refills due to low stock & one day, there was no pharmacist there so I couldn't pick up my prenatal vitamins). This would give me even more incentive to switch pharmacies.

Quote Originally Posted by CalvertNewbie View Post
    Thanks, I'll have to start paying more attention. I use my card everytime I shop there, which is fairly often. I'll be buying gift cards really soon, too. How is the pharmacy? Do you find that they have rx's in stock? I've had an ongoing issue with RiteAid (almost always give me partial refills due to low stock & one day, there was no pharmacist there so I couldn't pick up my prenatal vitamins). This would give me even more incentive to switch pharmacies.
    I use the one in Dunkirk and I was more than impressed. The CVS always had a problem with the fluoride I got for my kids. It is cheaper to pay cash vs. insurance ($18/90 days vs. $10/30 days) and CVS always put it through insurance. So I would have to remember to check and make sure they did it right. At Safeway, I forgot to tell them (like I always would, which meant I would have to make a second trip to CVS to get it straightened out), but they brought it to my attention. Also, a prescription that I have for an NSAID that I was paying $10/month for at CVS they automatically put on their $4/month generic plan. Saved me a bunch of time and money right off the bat, in addition to the "at-the-pump" savings.

Quote Originally Posted by LusbyMom View Post
    the green gas station in lusby has $1.99 gas. just passed there and cars are lined up. fast stop is $2.19
    I hope this means my metro cost will go down too! But I doubt it:(

Registered User Chainsaw Slayer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blazinlow89 View Post
    If it keeps going we might hit $1.50 again, but i seen on bloomberg that opec was thinking of another production cut.
    I think the price will keep dropping. Oil is down another 2.87 per barrel today. Even if opec does another production cut I do not see the price going up. There are oil surpluses all over. Plus the dollar has been improving against the Euro which also helps lower the price of oil.

Quote Originally Posted by nw2ne View Post
    I hope this means my metro cost will go down too! But I doubt it:(
    I doubt it.... when prices went up all of my suppliers started tacking on fuel surcharges... prices are down and the surcharges are still there
    Meet Me On The Stairs

Yea Country filling and Cj's are still 1.99 a gallon. I bet between this weekend and next weekend they go down 5 to 10 cents. They are always the same! So if ones busy go to the other! It's great to see gas this low again! I love it!

Bronwyn
    Quote Originally Posted by LusbyMom View Post
    the green gas station in lusby has $1.99 gas. just passed there and cars are lined up. fast stop is $2.19
    I just hope it stays this way for a while.

$1.77 down here in Houston.

WaWa in PF was $1.95 this morning (down from $2.05 yesterday evening), and Dunkirk Safeway was $1.97 pre-discount. Didnt catch what WaWa in Dunkirk was, nor Safeway in PF.

Make sure when going to the County Filling Station you are dropping off spare change in the pink container!! The money goes towards my Breast Cancer walk. I appreciate any donations! TIA

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.