Ye Old Country Restaurant

BethAnnNoNO

Has anyone heard that ye old country restaurant is going to be opening in the old Linda's Cafe? I heard it is being opened by Irene Parrish and her cronies! Does anyone have the lowdown?

Linda's is great and still remember when she was just working for the other place before opening her own place.

She should move a bigger place now. Always packed in there.

I still remember that grocery store on the corner there by 235, but forgot the name.

Linda's is great and still remember when she was just working for the other place before opening her own place.

She should move a bigger place now. Always packed in there.

I still remember that grocery store on the corner there by 235, but forgot the name.

I was talking with her yesterday. The good news is that all the procurements for the plaza she is now in all fell thru, so she won't have to leave anytime soon. She'd like to have a bigger place, but is financially strapped. And after that fiasco in Ltown, she said she'd never leave Lex Park again.

raidermom

Linda did not own the building in Leonardtown. She rented the building from Irene Parrish and was unfairly evicted. Irene was secretly undermining Linda's efforts to build a family oriented and affordable establishment in Leonardtown to preserve the town and build foot traffic for other businesses. Because of Irene Parish, Linda's Cafe is now a memory. Irene is trying to start a new café in hopes of keeping the clientele that Linda worked so hard to build. I was there for the tree lighting. The hot dogs they served were horrible and the hot chocolate was disgusting. I'm not sure what Irene is trying to reproduce but it sure isn't Linda's Cafe quality. Historic Leonardtown has worked so hard in building a new store front and it is being ruined by people like Irene. I encourage you not to visit her establishment.

tyky

eieio
I was talking with her yesterday. The good news is that all the procurements for the plaza she is now in all fell thru, so she won't have to leave anytime soon. She'd like to have a bigger place, but is financially strapped. And after that fiasco in Ltown, she said she'd never leave Lex Park again.

Hubby and I are regulars there and she told us the same thing! Thank goodness I don't know where we would eat breakfast most mornings.

vbailey

vbailey
There is also another new place on the Square in Leonardtown...The Chillin station or something like that ( not real sure of the name )...it is designed to give the youth, Middle/High School kids a coffee house type place to hang out....I checked it out at the tree lighting.....I am all for anything postive for the youth to help keep them off the streets and away from trouble...please, if you are in the area give them your support....I do not know them personally, but support what they are doing....my family and I will be checking them out...they serve some food items, of course it is stuff teens like Pizza/Hot Dogs etc....they have large screen TV's and looks like they have a Band that comes in to entertain at times...

Linda did not own the building in Leonardtown. She rented the building from Irene Parrish and was unfairly evicted. Irene was secretly undermining Linda's efforts to build a family oriented and affordable establishment in Leonardtown to preserve the town and build foot traffic for other businesses. Because of Irene Parish, Linda's Cafe is now a memory. Irene is trying to start a new café in hopes of keeping the clientele that Linda worked so hard to build. I was there for the tree lighting. The hot dogs they served were horrible and the hot chocolate was disgusting. I'm not sure what Irene is trying to reproduce but it sure isn't Linda's Cafe quality. Historic Leonardtown has worked so hard in building a new store front and it is being ruined by people like Irene. I encourage you not to visit her establishment.

Not true. She still has the ORIGINAL Linda's Cafe in Lex Park. but it now has new seating thanks to the L'town store!

Juggernaut

It's called Ye Olde Towne Cafe

There's been a lot of conjecture over what went on between Linda and Irene, most of which is just gossip. I personally know Irene to be one classy lady, very professional, with good business sense and a heart of gold. She's been very closed mouth about the whole deal, so I did some digging at the courthouse to satisfy my curiosity. According to numerous complaints filed in District Court, Irene set up Linda in business at her building in Leonardtown and personally financed the whole thing. Linda defaulted on the loans, plus, was not paying all the rent due on the cafe. Linda filed a $1M lawsuit against Irene; but, when the case was moved to Circuit Court, Judge Raley threw out most of the allegations as unsubstantiated, plus, hit Linda with a $5,000 Contempt of Court charge for not producing subpoenaed records. :faint: In an out of court settlement, Linda voluntarily agreed to vacate the property last July. (But, don't take my word for it, go check it out for yourself. It's of public record.)

As for the new restaurant, it's called Ye Olde Towne Cafe, and it opened today. They are doing a buffet on the weekends, with a menu of all sorts of sandwiches and "home style" type meals during the week. All very reasonably priced. I ate there today and everything was very tasty. :drool: The most noticeable changes from when Linda had the place are that the decor has been changed, the place is clean, and at least two of the cooks are trained chefs vice from Dept. of Corrections work release. :eyebrow:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
There's been a lot of conjecture over what went on between Linda and Irene, most of which is just gossip. I personally know Irene to be one classy lady, very professional, with good business sense and a heart of gold. She's been very closed mouth about the whole deal, so I did some digging at the courthouse to satisfy my curiosity. According to numerous complaints filed in District Court, Irene set up Linda in business at her building in Leonardtown and personally financed the whole thing. Linda defaulted on the loans, plus, was not paying all the rent due on the cafe. Linda filed a $1M lawsuit against Irene; but, when the case was moved to Circuit Court, Judge Raley threw out most of the allegations as unsubstantiated, plus, hit Linda with a $5,000 Contempt of Court charge for not producing subpoenaed records. :faint: In an out of court settlement, Linda voluntarily agreed to vacate the property last July. (But, don't take my word for it, go check it out for yourself. It's of public record.)

As for the new restaurant, it's called Ye Olde Towne Cafe, and it opened today. They are doing a buffet on the weekends, with a menu of all sorts of sandwiches and "home style" type meals during the week. All very reasonably priced. I ate there today and everything was very tasty. :drool: The most noticeable changes from when Linda had the place are that the decor has been changed, the place is clean, and at least two of the cooks are trained chefs vice from Dept. of Corrections work release. :eyebrow:

Count me out. I loved Lindas. I won't be frequenting Irene's place.

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
Count me out. I loved Lindas. I won't be frequenting Irene's place.
Even if I request to go there the next time I come down? Although, there is a place that I have just read some fantastic reviews from... oh, Lenny's. :yay:

Pete

Repete

I doubt everything you wrote. First off there were court cases so that means someone didn't do what they claimed they were. Linda lost so I have to assume she was in default.

Next I doubt Parish told the cooks to be slow and crappy and secretly increased the prices on the slow crappy food. I went there 3 times and the experience pretty much sucked all round every time, and I am pretty easy to please.

Lastly there is another place going on there so how is Parish not helping to increase foot traffic?