Do You Remember Red Barn?

smokey20678

Used to eat at the Red Barn on East West Highway, across the steet from the Toys R Us in Lewisdale. Used to walk approx 6 blocks as a 7 y/o to go there by myself....how times have changed in good ole PG County(and that was in 1977) ...LOVED their chicken !! Last time i was up that way the building was still there.

I was still in the low single digit age, but I remember! I can still picture the red plastic baskets that the food came in!

OldHillcrestGuy

That's the one we used to go to!!

Would go to that one all time for lunch or just hang out, I loved the Barnbuster burger. Remember when they were giving the Coke glasses away with the big meal? Had many of them when we got married in cupboard. I may still have a couple way in the back of the cupboard to this day. :buddies:

Would go to that one all time for lunch or just hang out, I loved the Barnbuster burger. Remember when they were giving the Coke glasses away with the big meal? Had many of them when we got married in cupboard. I may still have a couple way in the back of the cupboard to this day. :buddies:

My Mom still has them :lmao:

belvak

Happy Camper

I don't have any "gimme" glasses left!! :roflmao:

N

navywife1984

Used to eat at the Red Barn on East West Highway, across the steet from the Toys R Us in Lewisdale. Used to walk approx 6 blocks as a 7 y/o to go there by myself....how times have changed in good ole PG County(and that was in 1977) ...LOVED their chicken !! Last time i was up that way the building was still there.

Must be getting old, where is Lewisdale? The only Toys R Us I remember was up on Rt. 450 at the end of Riverdale Road. My family used to go to the Red Barn down by Bladensburg Jr. high on occasion but I seemed to remember going to one up on Rt. 1 towards College Park somewhere more often. That was also in the mid 70's. And yes, even in 1977 we could walk around good ole PG County and not have to worry about getting shot at, mugged or anything else. I moved away in '78 and this is the closest I have lived since then thanks to Pax River NAS.

:patriot:

OldHillcrestGuy

Must be getting old, where is Lewisdale? The only Toys R Us I remember was up on Rt. 450 at the end of Riverdale Road. My family used to go to the Red Barn down by Bladensburg Jr. high on occasion but I seemed to remember going to one up on Rt. 1 towards College Park somewhere more often. That was also in the mid 70's. And yes, even in 1977 we could walk around good ole PG County and not have to worry about getting shot at, mugged or anything else. I moved away in '78 and this is the closest I have lived since then thanks to Pax River NAS.

If Im not mistaken Lewisdale was along Adelphi Rd just down from Rhode Island Ave, I remember the Toys R Us there, I had relatives that lived in that area, was alos a big community park right there, and if Im not mistaken in the shopping center there was Ledo's, the first Ledo's ever, the original one..:shrug:

Last edited:

Gus911

If Im not mistaken Lewisdale was along Adelpha(sp) Rd just down from Rhode Island Ave, I remember the Toys R Us there, I had relatives that lived in that area, was alos a big community park right there, and if Im not mistaken in the shopping center there was Ledo's, the first Ledo's ever, the original one..:shrug:

Close. It was on University Blvd. just west of Adelphi Rd.

smokey20678

My mistake on the Road...Not E/W Hihgway but University Blvd

Lewisdale was inside a border of University Blvd,Riggs Rd, and East-West Highway. The Red Barn was almost across from Jombo grocery store in the shopping center with the 1st Ledo pizza. I believe the park was called Lane Manor. I moved away from that area in 1979 and have not really been back..dont have any body armor. The toys R us sat on a liitle side rd, might be 52nd ave or something off of University Blvd. Its not faf at all from U of Md and Adelphi RD.

BakeMyFish

Humorous Observations
Never heard of it, but, BakeMyFish, your website with memories cracked me up! :huggy: :roflmao:

I appreciate that. I update it with memories all the time. Check out some of the videos in the header. Lots of fun stuff. Sometimes it's good to be old. :high5: