Need some info for possible relocation!

GOODMOMLIZARD

Hello new friends. I am glad I found this board!!! My husband, son (preschooler) and I currently live in NY but cannot really afford to live here. We have been looking around the various states to find out where we could move that has reasonable jobs and affordable apartments and houses. We have come across some places in Southern Maryland that might fit what we want, but being from out of town, we are a bit worried if we do get jobs, we may wind up in a "bad" area with lots of crime. Any info anyone can give about what towns to avoid or what towns are good for housing (renting first, then buying) and jobs would be appreciated. If you have any info on Waldorf, MD and that area, I would appreciate it. Also, can anyone tell me what is the local paper for a job search? Should I try a DC paper or one in Maryland? Thanks again!! :peace: :peace:

missi1013

Catch Me If You Can!
Ok where to start! First of all Charles County (Waldorf) is the 3rd hightest county for high rent in MD! To rent in a nice neighborhood (no crime, good school) is going to cost you any where from $1000 to $1500. And good luck finding that. House's don't stay long for rent here, unless it's a bad area! And the price of house's are from $150,000 to $375,000! Now if that's cheaper than NY, then you are set! You are better off looking in St. Mary's (the county next door) or Calvert counties! Jobs you will have to look in DC or VA, unless you are millitary. No jobs in Waldorf, unless you want to work in the mall, making min. wage. I would stay out of Waldorf, it's getting bad here (crime, traffic, bad schools)! I have lived here in Waldorf all my life, and I would love to move! But my husbend's job is keeping us here. You need any more help, let me know. :)

I jus moved here myself and found this site to be of good use, for the St MAry's area the Enterprise in the newspaper, lots of professional jobs here and teaching and Medical, real estate is a tad high but bearable, crime doesn't seem to bad and have not any problems with racial situations, nice peaceful and rural, now I ma speaking of south of Waldorf, did alot of research myself before moving, any questions just ask..and Welcome ( if you move):cheers:

bknarw

Attire Monitor
Welcome!!!

So glad you came here for help; you shouldn't have any trouble finding it.

However, in order to better process your order, we need to know a couple of things:

1) What are you wearing?

Actually, uhh...just one thing.

1) What are you wearing?

K

Katie

Don't mind BK, I am from Boston oringally and moved down here to work. There is also employment on the base also. It depends on what you and your hubsand do for work.

I love it down here.

K

Katie

About asking what are you wearing. You will have thinking that we are a group of pervets or something.:lmao: :roflmao:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Not all...

Originally posted by Katie
About asking what are you wearing. You will have thinking that we are a group of perverts or something.:lmao: :roflmao:

Not all of us are perverts - just a select few... :lol:

bknarw

Attire Monitor
Originally posted by Katie
About asking what are you wearing. You will have thinking that we are a group of pervets or something.:lmao: :roflmao:

I promise you she won't think we're a bunch of perverts.
That honor goes solely to calvertguy.

GOODMOMLIZARD

Thanks for the info...

Thanks for the info. As for what I am wearing...hahah. Thanks for such a friendly welcome. Remember I told you I am from NY and nothing phases me. LOL.

:rolleyes: