Do you "Flush and forget"... it must end

Experts call for end of flushing toilets on World Toilet Day | News.com.au Top stories | News.com.au

AS the world celebrates World Toilet Day today, sanitation experts have called for the end of the flushing dunny to save water and provide fertilizer for crops.

Leading health advocates have called for the use of "dry" toilets which separate urine from faeces and remove the need to flush.

Speaking at the recent World Toilet Summit in Macau, World Toilet Organisation founder Jack Sims said the concept of the flushing toilet was unsustainable.

Mr Sims said a culture where people flushed their loos but disregarded the thousands of litres of wasted drinking water each year was one of sanitation's greatest challenges.

"This 'flush and forget' attitude creates a new problem which we have to revisit," he said.

Toxick

Splat
Speaking at the recent World Toilet Summit in Macau, World Toilet Organisation founder Jack Sims said the concept of the flushing toilet was unsustainable.

ACK!

Didn't someone deem this a racist term last year or the year before!?!?

:jameo:

HeadCase

IT's ALL RED
What's wrong with letting the yellow mellow and flushin down the brown?

I already know what my corn looks like; I don't want to see yours!

bcp

In My Opinion
everything gets flushed.
nothing worse than sitting down, dropping a big loaf and having the splashback up your butthole consist of the last persons pee.

or,, am I sharing too much?

HeadCase

IT's ALL RED
everything gets flushed.
nothing worse than sitting down, dropping a big loaf and having the splashback up your butthole consist of the last persons pee.

or,, am I sharing too much?

Guess it depends on what your into:whistle:

Cowgirl

Has anyone used one of those composting toilets? I've used them a few times. Kinda creepy...I was scared something would come up and get me. :twitch:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I always...

...said 'environmentalists' were anal retentive, but this is a bit much. Maybe they're just simply 'mentalists'?

HeadCase

IT's ALL RED
...said 'environmentalists' were anal retentive, but this is a bit much. Maybe they're just simply 'mentalists'?

Not all of us are extreme. I personally grew up with a well and septic system that we needed to think about how much water we used (especially during dry months) and what we flushed including detergents and this was back in the 70s.

It has nothing to do with being a "mentalist". Environmentalists come in all forms; from those who recycle to those that don't litter and those who use solar energy...none of these are "mental".

I'm very sorry if you think I'm "mental" because I do or don't flush my toilet but I think those who WASTE our earths natural resources are mental.

You're welcome to correct me if I mis-understood you, but please don't categorize me.

Larry Gude

Strung Out

Not all of us are extreme. I personally grew up with a well and septic system that we needed to think about how much water we used (especially during dry months) and what we flushed including detergents and this was back in the 70s.

It has nothing to do with being a "mentalist". Environmentalists come in all forms; from those who recycle to those that don't litter and those who use solar energy...none of these are "mental".

I'm very sorry if you think I'm "mental" because I do or don't flush my toilet but I think those who WASTE our earths natural resources are mental.

You're welcome to correct me if I mis-understood you, but please don't categorize me.

...if you are not ideologically associated with people who want to eliminate water in sanitary practice, then, please, accept my apology. I didn't mean you.

:buddies:

Larry Gude

Strung Out

...you can't waste water. It is a renewable. Evaporation, clouds, rain, all that.

HeadCase

IT's ALL RED
...if you are not ideologically associated with people who want to eliminate water in sanitary practice, then, please, accept my apology. I didn't mean you.

:buddies:

Apology accepted...

:huggy:

And yes you can waste water i.e., brushing teeth, long showers, toilets that arent working properly etc...

Again, this isn't meant to ridicule or categorize anyone. It's simply to draw awareness how changing your routine (just a little bit) can help. Imagine if no-one cared how long they let the water run or what trash belonged in what dumpster and just threw it all in one heaping pile at the dump for the "environment" to destroy.

:cds:

OMG it makes me MENTAL....

JK

Thanks Larry for the :buddies: and backatcha!