Help for a deaf puppy

SoftballCrazy

Charles Co Humane Society has a 20 wk old deaf puppy that is need of a foster/permanent home. He is neutered, up to date on shots, knows about 10 hand signals, rings a bell to signal to go potty outside, and he's a shep/lab/pit mix.
The current foster for CCHS can't continue to foster him for various reasons. He's been around kids. He also attends obedience training.
If you know of anyone that can help, pls contact CCHS or PM me...He's a cute little fella and I'd hate to see anything bad happen to him.
Tried to upload a pic, took forever so I had to cancel it...I'll try again later.

SpriteZero

Charles Co Humane Society has a 20 wk old deaf puppy that is need of a foster/permanent home. He is neutered, up to date on shots, knows about 10 hand signals, rings a bell to signal to go potty outside, and he's a shep/lab/pit mix.
The current foster for CCHS can't continue to foster him for various reasons. He's been around kids. He also attends obedience training.
If you know of anyone that can help, pls contact CCHS or PM me...He's a cute little fella and I'd hate to see anything bad happen to him.
Tried to upload a pic, took forever so I had to cancel it...I'll try again later.

Ohhhso sad...I hope he gets a home :huggy:

SoftballCrazy

We might have room in the next few days. How long does he have at his current foster?
Not sure...I can ask her today. Do you foster for Charles or Calvert Humane?
I can't get the picture to work for some reason...tried 4 more times and I keep getting timed out. PM me and I can send it to if you give me your email address.

navigator

I can't get the picture to work for some reason...tried 4 more times and I keep getting timed out. PM me and I can send it to if you give me your email address.

Here is the puppy!

Attachments

• Deaf Pup 2.jpg
    Deaf Pup 2.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 285

wharf rat

Smilin on a cloudy day

We're independents. We foster for who ever needs us.

I

Inkpen

Awesome!!! We talked about this pup at Peppers tody.
I suggested that folks contact Gallaudet University and see if someone there would love to have him forever.
For those not aware, GU is for the deaf and hearing impared and it is a wonderful university.
What better home for a deaf dog than with a deaf owner who knows ALL the right signs!!!!
Anyway, it was a thought......

Hope he finds his forever home soon!! :huggy:

PrepH4U

Awesome!!! We talked about this pup at Peppers tody.
I suggested that folks contact Gallaudet University and see if someone there would love to have him forever.
For those not aware, GU is for the deaf and hearing impared and it is a wonderful university.
What better home for a deaf dog than with a deaf owner who knows ALL the right signs!!!!
Anyway, it was a thought......

Hope he finds his forever home soon!! :huggy:

Good idea but, would they be able to hear the bell when he needs to go out? :shrug: Teaching signs to dogs is very easy & common. Most highly trained dogs are trained by signs with no vocalization needed.
MV are you back in the area? I hope you get him!

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
Good idea but, would they be able to hear the bell when he needs to go out? :shrug: Teaching signs to dogs is very easy & common. Most highly trained dogs are trained by signs with no vocalization needed.
Yes I am. i hope so too.

if not I will get a pup for my birthday. My birthday present to me!!

SoftballCrazy

In the case of a deaf person w/ a deaf dog, they'd probably trade the bell for a very similar instrument that lit up so the deaf person could see it.
A deaf dog can and will learn as many signs as the owner can/will teach it. They are awesome dogs. To learn more about deaf dogs, go to Deaf Dog Education Action Fund - good website. Many deaf dogs are so attentative, they watch the owners for the next cue/signal all the time.
MV, sent you a PM...

SoftballCrazy

Charles Co Humane Society would need to be contacted for anyone interested in the pup. I'm not sure of their adoption policy/procedures, but I'm sure they'd be willing to help anyone wanting to adopt from them. Here's the link and number...
Humane Society of Charles County MD - phone (301) 645-8181 after 11am (after 1pm on Thursdays)

wharf rat

Smilin on a cloudy day
Joyce from "Pets With Disabilities" has expressed an interest in this pup. She's just curious about temp test situation.