This made me get tears, I'm sure you will too...

red_explorer

I love that.:bawl::bawl:

I was away pretty much for a month from my animals while my husband was in the hospital, and then died. I think I maybe came home three times the whole month. The night he died, one of the few things I remember...coming home at like 11pm, walking in the door and just sitting on the floor as my dog and cats just went all over me.....I think they knew something awful had happened, and they just stuck so close. Even the cats were licking my face. The next morning, my mom came into my room, and all 7 (at that point) cats were curled on top of me, and the dog was as close as she could get. Dog would have no part in leaving me until I was awake.

I love my animals.

:bawl::bawl::bawl::bawl::bawl:

frequentflier

happy to be living
I love that.:bawl::bawl:

I was away pretty much for a month from my animals while my husband was in the hospital, and then died. I think I maybe came home three times the whole month. The night he died, one of the few things I remember...coming home at like 11pm, walking in the door and just sitting on the floor as my dog and cats just went all over me.....I think they knew something awful had happened, and they just stuck so close. Even the cats were licking my face. The next morning, my mom came into my room, and all 7 (at that point) cats were curled on top of me, and the dog was as close as she could get. Dog would have no part in leaving me until I was awake.

I love my animals.

:bawl::bawl::bawl::bawl::bawl:

:huggy: Animals can be such a great comfort. Sorry for your loss.