Has anyone

HeadCase

IT's ALL RED
I have not yet; but I have collected information from various companies that can help you add it to your house and get a government grant to do so. If you are interested PM me and I'll forward the info.

We went to the Green Festival a few weeks ago and there was a WEALTH of information there. I'm still sorting all my literature.

Robin

I have not yet; but I have collected information from various companies that can help you add it to your house and get a government grant to do so. If you are interested PM me and I'll forward the info.

We went to the Green Festival a few weeks ago and there was a WEALTH of information there. I'm still sorting all my literature.

I have been going through alot of web site too. I found one that is diy and the prices are reasonable.
Solar Air Heat | RREAL

DQ2B

No, but we just had a multi-fuel heating system put in. Runs on wood or coal with an oil back-up.

Robin

No, but we just had a multi-fuel heating system put in. Runs on wood or coal with an oil back-up.

How is the consumer maintenance on that I guess for oil not so bad but coal or wood ?
Great source, who installed it for you?

C

campinmutt

we have the radiant base boards...hot water runs through the tubes in the heat registers....we have a oil fired boiler...keeps me toasty warm. my aunt is building a house and she put in the radiant floor heat.hard to do if your house is already built. plus what if there is a leak??

Vince

If I ever put another system in, it won't be in this house. Next house, I may go geothermal.

DQ2B

How is the consumer maintenance on that I guess for oil not so bad but coal or wood ?
Great source, who installed it for you?

Husband did some installation and a friend of his (who does HVAC) did the rest. Does of course require wood or coal to be either delivered or cut and split and then put into the system but it's no big deal, we already did the wood thing for our wood burning stove.

river rat

BUCKING GOAT

godsbutterfly

Free to Fly
Converted to
Radiant Heat or Solar?

Solar power?

My parents had the solar heat/air system in their house in Virginia. Their bills went way down. If we could afford it for our house my hubby and I would definitely get it. It works well - or at least it did for them!

Robin

My parents had the solar heat/air system in their house in Virginia. Their bills went way down. If we could afford it for our house my hubby and I would definitely get it. It works well - or at least it did for them!

Thats what I am slowly convincing myself, the solar seems the way to go.:yahoo: Pricey upfront, but will pay for itself in a few years.

Robin

Do you realize the most expensive system ($25,000.00) only gives you 1kW (1000 watts)? That's only 10 light bulbs. :faint:

That won't even power your water heater (most are 3.5kW). Electric heat is a minimum 10kW.

yepper...

Robin

right now any system for electric heat/ac would be an upgrade. we have independent electric base board heaters for each room it worked in the 70's but not for our times the electric bill is sky high just tokeep the house comfortable.