all you hulas peeps~

kelb

art imitating life
you should of PM'd me... I haven't been around much...

Most of the shows are there Free until 10 and then a cover.

However a couple show are free all night and some are pre-sales with tickets.

Like with the Nighthawks on Saturday; $15 before, $20 at the door.

OMG 10 bucks at the door that night...... I was so mad.. I hate paying covers to get into crappy bars :mad: THEN to top it off... BAD BAD service.. slow bartenders ... I hate that... I didnt even drink that much because of those girls.. LOL I wish I had talked to the owner that night...

OMG 10 bucks at the door that night...... I was so mad.. I hate paying covers to get into crappy bars :mad: THEN to top it off... BAD BAD service.. slow bartenders ... I hate that... I didnt even drink that much because of those girls.. LOL I wish I had talked to the owner that night...

Completly agree with ya, went there twice. Once it wasnt even busy at ALL, took like 10 minutes to get a coke, the bartender was too busy looking in the mirror. Guess its cool to ignore customers.

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
I love the bartenders at Hulas!! They usually get my drinks out pretty fast. :yay:

morningbell

hmmmmmm
I like Hulas for the acts they bring and the owners seem nice, its a fun time when I go there. When they first opened I wanted to tend there but didn't know how to get in touch as they have no listed number. I did message them on myspace, didn't get a response, whateves.

I will say this:

When the Green Door is busy with one of the many kick ass bartenders, and you have to jockey for position for a drink, the time it takes to get that drink at the Door equals the same amount of time it takes to a drink at Hulas on a mediocre night with 3 bartenders. The bar at the Door is longer and its 1 vs 3 tenders, plus the door uses glass, Hula's plastic throw away and it still takes longer.... why is that?

I think Hula's needs to look into cutting down slack staff and hire quality. The tenders are too busy adjusting themselves, the tops they wear they are spilling out of. A nip slip is not my gripe here, I don't care if you're topless just serve us and serve us fast. How hard is it to pour a bloody beer????

With this said, Hula's and the Door are my 2 main haunts, sometimes ABC.

Matt, should we all PM you to get in free? I don't feel this is fair to the band, staff or management..... I could get in free if I wanted but I feel people need to get paid, you're all providing a service.

mattvivslivesou

www.meerkatsound.com
Matt, should we all PM you to get in free? I don't feel this is fair to the band, staff or management..... I could get in free if I wanted but I feel people need to get paid, you're all providing a service.

Edit:
I was the sound guy that used to run the sound at Hula's. I was told that One Louder brings their own guy.

Last edited:

LusbyMom

You're a LOON :)
We were there this past Saturday.. not sure who was playing we got there about midnight... had a great time. Never had a problem with the drinks coming out slow. I will say one of the bartenders was falling out of her shirt all night :lol:

The owner is great! Really nice guy.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
We were there this past Saturday.. not sure who was playing we got there about midnight... had a great time. Never had a problem with the drinks coming out slow. I will say one of the bartenders was falling out of her shirt all night :lol:

The owner is great! Really nice guy.

I've been there twice and both times the bartender was falling out of her shirt. I was jealous cuz she's stacked and I'm not. :ohwell:

you werent either...

One Louder's gonna be at Vera's this Saturday...:whistle:

LusbyMom

You're a LOON :)
The band was "The Breeze" from Calvert County. They are a pretty newish band.

I can't comment on the Bartender dressing habits. I'm only there for a split second or two.

Thanks.. I was wondering who it was after we left. Everyone in my group liked them and had a good time.

I don't really care what they wear :lol: The other lady made all of our drinks anyway and did an awesome job :)