washing soda or lye

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
MK and I are going to start making our own laundry detergent however we're having trouble finding washing soda (different from baking soda). Does anyone know where they carry it? Walmart, Giant, and Food Lion are all strike outs. If all else fails we may attempt to make our own lye. Anyone attempt this?

morningbell

hmmmmmm
MK and I are going to start making our own laundry detergent however we're having trouble finding washing soda (different from baking soda). Does anyone know where they carry it? Walmart, Giant, and Food Lion are all strike outs. If all else fails we may attempt to make our own lye. Anyone attempt this?

I know someone and I can hook you up... word.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

Does this need to wash dye out of something furry?

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Use Borax if you are trying to be all natural. You can add stuff to it as needed. It also makes a great household cleaner. Twenty Mule Team - green box.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Use Borax if you are trying to be all natural. You can add stuff to it as needed. It also makes a great household cleaner. Twenty Mule Team - green box.

Isn't the Twenty Mule Team just a laundry booster..you still need a detergent, right?

And Borax can be toxic to people and pets. :yay:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Isn't the Twenty Mule Team just a laundry booster..you still need a detergent, right?

And Borax can be toxic to people and pets. :yay:

I've never fed it to my dogs nor put them in the washing machine so I wouldn't know. But thanks for the idea.