Any one have the #

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
to call in Charles County to sign up for community service? Got a ticket 1.5 yrs ago and just got the court date for 12/22. I want to get it out of the way. TIA.

Last edited:

ocean733

I got a ticket in Charles County too and it took FOREVER for the court date to come up. But, I was afraid to get in trouble for pulling that one! :roflmao:

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
I got a ticket in Charles County too and it took FOREVER for the court date to come up. But, I was afraid to get in trouble for pulling that one! :roflmao:
I have nothing to lose by asking. :lmao:
Found the #. The usual recording. :ohwell:

raven

I SAID IT YES I DID !
to call in Charles County to sign up for community service? Got a ticket 1.5 yrs ago and just got the court date for 12/22. I want to get it out of the way. TIA.

I have some toilets to be cleaned at my church maybe I can get you to clean them for a few hours.:bigwhoop:

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
I have some toilets to be cleaned at my church maybe I can get you to clean them for a few hours.:bigwhoop:

Sorry, I don't do churches and you couldn't get me to do anything. Maybe I could give you a class on spelling and grammar.

I don't think asking for it to get thrown out on the basis of the length time between date citation issued and date trial is assigned is going to get the judge thinking you are a smart a** or a want to be lawyer.

Now if you were to get up there and start questioning the Officers motives for issuing the citation, knowledge of radar operation, calibration of the radar, etc. you might tick off the judge.

I've only mentioned the speedy trial because I've seen it before. My opinion, is if you want to contest a citation, you should be able to reasonably expect to get your court date in under 12 months. It's not like the prosecution has to line up professional testimony, forensics and the like. It's a police officer and his radar calibration documentation.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
I don't think asking for it to get thrown out on the basis of the length time between date citation issued and date trial is assigned is going to get the judge thinking you are a smart a** or a want to be lawyer.

Now if you were to get up there and start questioning the Officers motives for issuing the citation, knowledge of radar operation, calibration of the radar, etc. you might tick off the judge.

I've only mentioned the speedy trial because I've seen it before. My opinion, is if you want to contest a citation, you should be able to reasonably expect to get your court date in under 12 months. It's not like the prosecution has to line up professional testimony, forensics and the like. It's a police officer and his radar calibration documentation.
Yea, I don't dispute the ticket. I do think 18 months is ridiculous to wait for a court date. Suppose I moved away or something?

If I have to go to court, I will respectfully ask that it be dismissed for waiting so long but doubt it will be.

raven

I SAID IT YES I DID !
Sorry, I don't do churches and you couldn't get me to do anything. Maybe I could give you a class on spelling and grammar.

Well then just pay the ticket and take the point and like it! because you just going to get another ticket within 7 days anyway!:1bdz:

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Well then just pay the ticket and take the point and like it! because you just going to get another ticket within 7 days anyway!:1bdz:
I am? Where? What time? How fast will I be going? Will it be because I run over you? (I'd get a parade). :killingme

Jesus called and wants you to report to the village ASAP. They want their idiot back.

raven

I SAID IT YES I DID !
I am? Where? What time? How fast will I be going? Will it be because I run over you? (I'd get a parade). :killingme

Jesus called and wants you to report to the village ASAP. They want their idiot back.

Cops are a mans best friend and I love them.

Yea, I don't dispute the ticket. I do think 18 months is ridiculous to wait for a court date. Suppose I moved away or something?

If I have to go to court, I will respectfully ask that it be dismissed for waiting so long but doubt it will be.

....will keep my fingers crossed for ya.

It's been 1.5 years, right? Maybe, with any luck, the arresting officer has gotten a promotion and is no longer on that detail, and doesn't show up for the court date? Gets thrown out....