Police Brutality?

BattleMonK

I had the unfortunate experience of watching an incident unravel this morning at walmart of St. Mary's. As a first time Black Friday shopper I was ordered by a deputy to get into a line near the electronics section that seemed to wrap endlessly around the store as soon as I approached the area. I only wanted to pass through to the toys but with traffic building in the area I could not get through, therefore I remained standing there like a herd of cattle waiting to be fed. Nobody would let me through, they were all waiting there like vulters in what appeared to be a standown on the pallet of xbox's. I asked a kid nearby why everyone was not moving he said that he just wanted to get an xbox for himself, he looked like a teenager and he had his girlfriend with him too. Out of nowhere the officer replied "I can't wait to take someone down today, just let them step out of line." Me and this kid kind of glance over at each other and just nodded our heads. By this time he was still ordering people to get back and to get in line, but nobody listened to him. An entire mob was surrounding this area and people in line were cursing and moving closer and closer. It got kind of crazy and full of tension.
Well all of a sudden (I guess the time had come to start selling @ about 5am) an associate comes over and begins cutting the shrinkwrap off the stack of xboxes and people just began grabbing them. At the same time this officer is simultaneously handing them out and telling people to get back in line, but nobody was listening and people from the back of the line were coming up to grab them too. So anyhow this kid I was talking to had his girlfriend grab one for him and the officer pushes her away. I guess he was upset about that so the kid jumped in front of the officer and was facing his girlfriend in what looked like an attempt to protect her and the officer pushes him too. I wouldn't have done it myself but the kid turns to the officer and curses at him wondering what his problem was, and the officer punches him right in the chest and attempts to subdue him. Nothing could have prepared me for what happened next but I felt like I would have done the same thing; The kid pushes the officer down onto the floor and continued to yell at him, but the officer had backup and two other officers came in to assist him. An associate also tried to grab the kid but the kid quickly shed him off with what looked like a head butt, but I couldn't see for sure. The four continued to struggle and one officer drew his tazor first pointing at his girlfriend calling her a B*&^% and telling her to get the F*&^ out of the way. And it seemed in all of the calamity the kid seen the tazor and began to lay down onto the floor himself. Meanwhile his girfriend kept yelling to leave him alone. She yelled back "where is his glasses, where is his glasses?" And once again the officers told her to get back. The kid seemed compliant and the three officers subdued him, and subsequently his girlfriend as well. Meanwhile the grabbing and looting (figuratively speaking) continued. I've never seen anything like this before and I'm wondering two things...Why do the police seem to always strike first, and since when are they wal-mart employees ordering people to get into a line? The manager of electronics said they had no right trying to order people around inside the store and that he didn't help the officer enforce the line either. He said "I don't know what the cops are trying do but this is black friday and they have no right trying to tell them what to do." I heard of a case last year where a drunken cop beat up an innocent citizen near St. James pub and got fired for it, But the entire department tried to lie about the whole incident and make false reports about it. And in the long run the beaten citizen still to this day has an ongoing lawsuit against the department that he will most likely win. Seems to me like alot of this "Brutality" and "Good ol Boy" system is occuring more and more these days.

Too many unknowns to draw any conclusions, but I have a question. Do you know that the officers were not working for Walmart as secondary employment? The answer doesn't necessarily make their actions right or wrong, but may shed some light on the nature of their involvement to begin with.

BigRed

I heard of a case last year where a drunken cop beat up an innocent citizen near St. James pub and got fired for it, But the entire department tried to lie about the whole incident and make false reports about it. And in the long run the beaten citizen still to this day has an ongoing lawsuit against the department that he will most likely win. Seems to me like alot of this "Brutality" and "Good ol Boy" system is occuring more and more these days.

You may want to research what you "hear" before you make any statements concerning an event yoy apparently have no knowledge of.

And by the way, the police are hired by Wal-Mart for incidents jsut like this....guess you didn't hear the news story about the Wal-Mart employee being trampled by customers....

Bonehead

If I was God.

I would cancel this Christmas crap. If you people can't celebrate without killing each other and or hurting each other. To hell with it. Christmas is cancelled. Morons !!!!!!

jetmonkey

I saw this for the first time today. Wish I had it with me this morning when I was in there not getting my ass handed to me by the police.

Attachments

• walmart bingo.jpg
    walmart bingo.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 254

ocean733

It's a shame and that's why I would never bother to out and shop today.

(Paragraphs make it much easier to read:gossip:)

sommpd

The manager of electronics said they had no right trying to order people around inside the store and that he didn't help the officer enforce the line either.

The police officers are off duty, hired by Walmart to control the large crowd. I seriously doubt a manager said this, as these are the instructions the officers are given by Walmart management.

I heard of a case last year where a drunken cop beat up an innocent citizen near St. James pub and got fired for it, But the entire department tried to lie about the whole incident and make false reports about it. And in the long run the beaten citizen still to this day has an ongoing lawsuit against the department that he will most likely win. Seems to me like alot of this "Brutality" and "Good ol Boy" system is occuring more and more these days.

This statement is either a bold face lie, or you are ignorant to the facts. Three police officers testified AGAINST this former police officer. NO police officers defended his actions!

I wasn't there this morning, but spoke to a shopper who was. (not a police officer) She told me the guy that got tazed deserved it! I wonder if you have a seperate motivation, since you are spreading other lies.

Jbeckman

Doesn't sound like the same incident, but my cousin and I were out and about, and she called. She was waiting on movies (clearing of the shrink wrap) near guitar hero. Just before 5 a.m to guys got into it about getting the system. Cops got involved, one guy got into fight with officer, to the floor they went, and eventually tazor gun came out. Cuz called, she had been crying....wasn't sure it was a tazor or a gun at first, and the crowd moved back towards her and she had no where to go.

I heard about two or three other fights/incidents in Walmart. Guitar hero, not a problem at target.

I didn't have any issues at any store...just everyone advising to stay outta Walmart. Even got a call asking if I heard that the California Walmart got closed down due to so many incidents. Don't know about that!

sommpd

Doesn't sound like the same incident, but my cousin and I were out and about, and she called. She was waiting on movies (clearing of the shrink wrap) near guitar hero. Just before 5 a.m to guys got into it about getting the system. Cops got involved, one guy got into fight with officer, to the floor they went, and eventually tazor gun came out. Cuz called, she had been crying....wasn't sure it was a tazor or a gun at first, and the crowd moved back towards her and she had no where to go.

That is the same incident. This guy seems to have just embelished his view to make it seem as though the police were there gunning to taze someone.

sparkysgirl

I know an employee at Wal-Mart who witnessed the incident....and that's not what happened. :nono:

By the way....at least get the system right, the fight occurred over a Wii, not an X-Box :howdy:

Pete

Repete
I know an employee at Wal-Mart who witnessed the incident....and that's not what happened. :nono:

By the way....at least get the system right, the fight occurred over a Wii, not an X-Box :howdy:

Wouldn't it have been less painfull to buy "Wii Tazer" and get in a fight with "virtual cops"?