Clark

SmallTown

Football season!
A few months ago the Dixie Chicks go on stage and say they are embarassed that Bush is from Texas.

Recently, democratic frontrunner Wesley Clark is in the papers where it quotes "[Clark] told reporters that the American people are "really embarrassed" by the administration's leadership. "

Are we now going to boycott the military?

Discuss.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by SmallTown
If you knew more about Clark's history, you'd know that the military has already pretty much boycotted him. No need for us to get involved.

Clark is like our forum members who say "a lot of other people feel that way, too". Or race baiters who say "the African American community". They have such a weak position that they have to bolster it with imaginary friends. Just another reason why he'll fizzle out.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Newsweek (last week, i believe) had an extensive article about Clark. The short version is: he's a whiner none of his fellow soldiers cared for and they let him know it. If he's gonna be the same in the big house (if he can even get there), I could do without :boo:

SamSpade

Originally posted by SmallTown
A few months ago the Dixie Chicks go on stage and say they are embarassed that Bush is from Texas.

Recently, democratic frontrunner Wesley Clark is in the papers where it quotes "[Clark] told reporters that the American people are "really embarrassed" by the administration's leadership. "

Discuss.

Clark is not the military, nor does he speak for the entire military establishment.

The Dixie Chicks ARE the Dixie Chicks, and they DO speak for the Dixie Chicks.

Clark speaks for himself, and as such, does not win my respect. In fact, a comment made about Clark by Gen. Shelton, former chairman of the Joint Chiefs said -

""I've known Wes for a long time. I will tell you the reason he came out of Europe early had to do with integrity and character issues, things that are very near and dear to my heart. I'm not going to say whether I'm a Republican or a Democrat. I'll just say Wes won't get my vote."

I saw the video on this - there was a little more about it, but I suspect the man was booted from Kosovo because of serious problems. I don't respect the man, and I suspect he is being used as a temporary prop to dislodge Howard Dean.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Re: Re: Clark

Originally posted by SamSpade
Clark speaks for himself, and as such, does not win my respect. In fact, a comment made about Clark by Gen. Shelton, former chairman of the Joint Chiefs said -

""I've known Wes for a long time. I will tell you the reason he came out of Europe early had to do with integrity and character issues, things that are very near and dear to my heart. I'm not going to say whether I'm a Republican or a Democrat. I'll just say Wes won't get my vote."

I saw the video on this - there was a little more about it, but I suspect the man was booted from Kosovo because of serious problems. I don't respect the man, and I suspect he is being used as a temporary prop to dislodge Howard Dean.

they lightly covered this issue in the newsweek article, but I can't remember what exactly it said got him booted (wanna say it was b/c he was outspoken about the then-administration's plan of action there or something). I found the article to be extremely sympathetic and biased to the guy, making light of all the clouds of doubt over him vs. saying, "gee look, yet another hopeful who doesn't seem to know much" ... nothing new for newsweek though :ohwell:

B

Bruzilla

I guess you missed the fact that the Dixie Chicks made their comments before a foreign audience while they were overseas. Clark made his comments in the US to US reporters. I don't see anything wrong with any American bashing their country or their leadership while they are in the US. But doing the same thing while overseas, with a war on the horizon, and just to play to a foreign crowd, is a whole different story.