Has anyone put down..

JLS

Bamboo flooring? am thinking of getting it for my hubby for xmas.. we keep talking about it.. I've heard a few places - know where would be the best place to get the flooring? good stuff??

jsouthan

Bamboo flooring? am thinking of getting it for my hubby for xmas.. we keep talking about it.. I've heard a few places - know where would be the best place to get the flooring? good stuff??

We have bought laminate flooring from this place twice -- they have excellent prices and are very helpful when you go in. Wood Floors Plus They are in Glen Burnie, though, so it's a bit of a drive from here and you need to be able to pick it up yourself. They primarily deal with contractors, hence the low prices. It was always worth it to us, though.

If you go, do not go first thing in the morning, when all the contractors are there. Try to go later in the day when they are able to give you more time and attention.

I bought self-install boxes of hardwood flooring from BJs, which are made from bamboo. I used it in the kitchen. Easy to put down, but also easy to chip a corner off the board. Friggin' tough as nails once it's down. I've dropped all kinds of pots and pans and knives (I'm a klutz...) and it has never left a dent.

I bought self-install boxes of hardwood flooring from BJs, which are made from bamboo. I used it in the kitchen. Easy to put down, but also easy to chip a corner off the board. Friggin' tough as nails once it's down. I've dropped all kinds of pots and pans and knives (I'm a klutz...) and it has never left a dent.

I bought six boxes of the dang self install stuff and it's still just sitting there. Is it faulty? Should I take it back?

JLS

We have bought laminate flooring from this place twice -- they have excellent prices and are very helpful when you go in. Wood Floors Plus They are in Glen Burnie, though, so it's a bit of a drive from here and you need to be able to pick it up yourself. They primarily deal with contractors, hence the low prices. It was always worth it to us, though.

If you go, do not go first thing in the morning, when all the contractors are there. Try to go later in the day when they are able to give you more time and attention.

Cool thanks! :howdy:

JLS

:howdy: I'm a klutz as well.. would definitely need something that won't dent easily.. Thanks!

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Lumber Liquidators generally has good prices on hardwood flooring, and they deliver if there isn't one near you. I bought my hand-scraped teak flooring from there about 2 years ago, and got a great deal compared to other places I checked/compared. Bamboo looks great; we're thinking about putting it in the upstairs of the house, but I'm not sure what the socially acceptable number of different hardwoods is for one house (we also have oak in the living room, dining room, hallway and kitchen). :confused:

W

Wenchy

I'm not sure what the socially acceptable number of different hardwoods is for one house (we also have oak in the living room, dining room, hallway and kitchen). :confused:

Socially acceptable?! :killingme

Thanks for the laugh.

On topic: I love bamboo. I have two cutting boards and they take a beating.

If I was building a new home bamboo would be my choice.

bcp

In My Opinion
by the way, the stuff is easy to put down. I do suggest a skill saw and a mitre saw to make the cuts look good.

StrawberryGal

Sweet and Innocent
Lumber Liquidators generally has good prices on hardwood flooring, and they deliver if there isn't one near you. I bought my hand-scraped teak flooring from there about 2 years ago, and got a great deal compared to other places I checked/compared. Bamboo looks great; we're thinking about putting it in the upstairs of the house, but I'm not sure what the socially acceptable number of different hardwoods is for one house (we also have oak in the living room, dining room, hallway and kitchen). :confused:

:yeahthat:

I got my hardwood flooring from lumber liquidators. They are very reasonable prices and quick to deliver. My hubby installed the flooring together all by himself. It's very easy, but alot of work.