Injured cat lying in driveway - HELP!

tes218

Just got a call from a friend who said he has what appears to be an injured cat lying in his driveway. Cat first appeared yesterday on his porch and now is lying in his driveway and seems to be unable to move. The cat is meowing and gets louder as he approaches. Does anyone know who would be good to call? I gave him Charles County Humane Society number. Will they respond to a sick/injured animal call tonight?? Told him to throw a blanket over the cat at least. Any thoughts or help? He lives off of Woodville Rd in Hughesville/Brandywine area. Thanks.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Animal control probably won't come out..aren't they closed? I think the sheriff's department is supposed to come but who knows. They won't take the cat to a vet, they'll probably put it down.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Shoot that thang'

Boy, I hate to say it but :yeahthat:

:ohwell:

I hate to see an animal in pain, especially if they're a lost cause. The vet will just put them down anyway, and the cat has to go through the trauma of being moved, strangers and a strange environment.

Make it quick. :frown:

tes218

Boy, I hate to say it but :yeahthat:

:ohwell:

I hate to see an animal in pain, especially if they're a lost cause. The vet will just put them down anyway, and the cat has to go through the trauma of being moved, strangers and a strange environment.

Make it quick. :frown:

He doesn't own a gun. He is not overly familiar with animals other than his bird. We also talked about the possibility of rabies so I don't think he's going to try to pick it up. He doesn't want to see it in pain but doesn't know anything practical to do.

T

toppick08

He doesn't own a gun. He is not overly familiar with animals other than his bird. We also talked about the possibility of rabies so I don't think he's going to try to pick it up. He doesn't want to see it in pain but doesn't know anything practical to do.

Take a piece of #11 rebar, and whack away......4 blows should do it........:huggy:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

I guess you'd just call the cops? He can't leave the poor cat out there all night to die slowly in this cold.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Tell him to put on gloves, use a large blanket and put the cat into a box or something and take it to the emergency vet in waldorf. I hate the place but sounds like he just needs to have the cat put out of its misery. I'd think the vet wouldn't charge him a huge fee.

The phone number is 301-638-0988 and they are located off of Post Office Road, just down from the MVA in Waldorf.

CrashTest

Tell him to put on gloves, use a large blanket and put the cat into a box or something and take it to the emergency vet in waldorf. I hate the place but sounds like he just needs to have the cat put out of its misery. I'd think the vet wouldn't charge him a huge fee.

The phone number is 301-638-0988 and they are located off of Post Office Road, just down from the MVA in Waldorf.

I like this plan the best.

Don't call the cops. They only shoot dogs.

unixpirate

Pitty Party

I rescued a dog on 235 by WaWa last year. It got hit and everyone was going around it. I stopped. It did try to bite me so I took a blanket from my car. It's shock I think that makes them react that way. Sasha did that to me when she got hit! ( I always have an extra blanket and pillow in my car btw) :whistle: :lol:

I took the pup to Hollywood vet and they did try to make me and have me commit for responsibility of payment. I'm like this dog does not look good and if I didn't bring him here he would of been run over several times and dead.

I gave them my name and number. Never heard from them. Allot places will keep animals for blood tranfusions and in house pets.

S

stardog770

Just got a call from a friend who said he has what appears to be an injured cat lying in his driveway. Cat first appeared yesterday on his porch and now is lying in his driveway and seems to be unable to move. The cat is meowing and gets louder as he approaches. Does anyone know who would be good to call? I gave him Charles County Humane Society number. Will they respond to a sick/injured animal call tonight?? Told him to throw a blanket over the cat at least. Any thoughts or help? He lives off of Woodville Rd in Hughesville/Brandywine area. Thanks.

I agree the thing to do is to take it to the Emerg Clinic in Waldorf but Dr. Fox sold out and is in Indian Head now .I do know the sheriffs dept is suppose to response to animal calls when no one is available for us to call, they can call animal control in .

tes218

It has been over 2 hours..what is status of this cat?

Just talked to the man, Mike, and he said the cat is still there. It was walking this morning on his porch but found it lying in his driveway this evening. Doesn't appear to be able to walk. He tried giving it some turkey but the cat wasn't interested. The cat meows loudly when he approaches. He will not go near it for fear of rabies. He's not familiar with animals and doesn't have gloves, etc. He called Humane Society and they said as it was after 4:00 they would not respond. He was told to call the sheriffs dept and they took his information and said they would pass it along to animal control but don't think anyone will respond until Monday!

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Just talked to the man, Mike, and he said the cat is still there. It was walking this morning on his porch but found it lying in his driveway this evening. Doesn't appear to be able to walk. He tried giving it some turkey but the cat wasn't interested. The cat meows loudly when he approaches. He will not go near it for fear of rabies. He's not familiar with animals and doesn't have gloves, etc. He called Humane Society and they said as it was after 4:00 they would not respond. He was told to call the sheriffs dept and they took his information and said they would pass it along to animal control but don't think anyone will respond until Monday!

Good Lord.

tes218

Not to worry..it is taken care of...

Just spoke with Inkpen and she is heading over there now! :yahoo: Please say a prayer for her traveling safety in this weather and that she is able to help this cat in whatever way is necessary.