Heating Oil Prices

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
Anyone know what the going local rates are for heating oil right now? I checked and Prichard was 2.69 last week.:howdy:

innocent

undercover
Don't know but I am on the budget plan. Just got a letter in the mail saying that the bill is going from 185 to 130 per month due to recent drop in fuel prices. Made me happy just to know that!:high5:

SouthernMdRocks

Don't know but I am on the budget plan. Just got a letter in the mail saying that the bill is going from 185 to 130 per month due to recent drop in fuel prices. Made me happy just to know that!:high5:

Great, I'm just wondering how long I should wait to get a refill?????

dgates80

Land of the lost
Great, I'm just wondering how long I should wait to get a refill?????

I would think about 1/4 tank is as low as I would want to go.... both to avoid the sediment that may settle into the bottom of the tank as well as to have enough reserve to get by on, while you wait for your fuel order to arrive--- might be a few days before they get the truck out to you.

Just a thought.....

SouthernMdRocks

I would think about 1/4 tank is as low as I would want to go.... both to avoid the sediment that may settle into the bottom of the tank as well as to have enough reserve to get by on, while you wait for your fuel order to arrive--- might be a few days before they get the truck out to you.

Just a thought.....

Yes, you are right...so far I have been using the wood stove to get by but things are going to get too cold for that!!:jameo:

Really! From who? I haven't heard a peep from Besche since the letter saying due to the high cost of oil, blah, blah. Might be time to change companies.

innocent

undercover
SMO been with themm for years. Last year budget plan was 85/m. Bout dropped in floor when went to 185 this year, so I war real happy to get letter in mail. Give em a call!

glitch

Devil's Advocate
Yeah, don't let it get below a 1/4 of a tank. We did that one year and ended up running out. Spent two weeks without heat during one of the coldest winters we've had down here. Not a good scene.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Yeah, don't let it get below a 1/4 of a tank. We did that one year and ended up running out. Spent two weeks without heat during one of the coldest winters we've had down here. Not a good scene.

:lol: Why didn't you go to the gas station and get some diesel?

jsouthan

SMO been with themm for years. Last year budget plan was 85/m. Bout dropped in floor when went to 185 this year, so I war real happy to get letter in mail. Give em a call!

I don't know about heating oil, but when I called around for propane prices SMO was the highest around. And I don't mean by a few pennies. They were about $.80 more per gallon than Suburban and United Propane here in Calvert. I even called twice, just to be sure I got the right quote. She reduced it a little bit by fudging something, but not much (that's the $.80 more -- the first quote was almost $1.00/gallon more! :faint:).

innocent

undercover
I don't know about heating oil, but when I called around for propane prices SMO was the highest around. And I don't mean by a few pennies. They were about $.80 more per gallon than Suburban and United Propane here in Calvert. I even called twice, just to be sure I got the right quote. She reduced it a little bit by fudging something, but not much (that's the $.80 more -- the first quote was almost $1.00/gallon more! :faint:).

Thats crazy! Don't have a clue about propane. Bad enough to have to buy oil. The good thing about propane is if you have a gas stove you will have heat and a way to cook if the power goes out. Had it the last place I lived but was scared to death when I could smell it thought house was gonna blow up!

SEABREEZE 1957

My 401K is now a 201K

Yep, I got a letter from SMO yesterday dropping our SmartPay monthly payment from $229.00 to $160.00 beginning with the Dec 26th payment. Sweet!!!!!:buddies:

However...
As noted earlier, there continues to be significant volatility in the price of heating oil.

They state they are going to monitor & review the SmartPay Plan at the end of Feb & adjust payment as the market dictates.

K

Kain99

Besche Oil has a graph on their site that represnts oil prces. It is updated daily.

awpitt

Main Streeter
Yea, I got the letter also. My bill went down by $60.

willie

Something is seriously wrong here. Last week I got a fill up in Lusby from Ridgell at $2.70 per gallon. 2 days later we got a fill up at a house in Damascus, Montgomery County from Damascus Fuel Oil at $2.20 per gallon. We're getting a 50¢ screwing.

Got a letter from Besche finally. Dropped my auto pmt to $1. Which is a good thing, but do they really need the dollar a month until July when they recalculate?:lol:

sdm

Something is seriously wrong here. Last week I got a fill up in Lusby from Ridgell at $2.70 per gallon. 2 days later we got a fill up at a house in Damascus, Montgomery County from Damascus Fuel Oil at $2.20 per gallon. We're getting a 50¢ screwing.

My sister checked last week and Ridgell's was $.20 higher on the gallon than C.L. Pitcher... you may want to check into them in the future - he is from Calvert.