Is Solomons Volunteer Firehouse...

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
doing their Christmas ride through local neighborhoods with Santa on board a fire truck? I checked the website and didn't see anything. My kids loved it last year, although Santa was very late and didn't come until almost 10pm. I know you have to let them know what street you live on so they can add it to their list. Has anyone heard if they are doing it this year??

sparkysgirl

Yes we are. I believe it is this weekend and the following weekend, but I'm not positive. You can call the station at 410-326-6657. Then press 0 when you hear the options. Whoever you talk to will add your name to the list and can tell you the exact dates.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Thanks. I will call now. :flowers:

I called and my house is on the list. :yahoo: Unfortunately they couldn't tell me exactly which night they'd be coming. I hope my kids aren't in the bathtub when Santa gets here or else I can see both of them running outside naked. :lol:

Last edited:

lbreder

2into4
We have always had to take my kids to my parents house in Huntingtown to see this. When ever we have been here in Maryland they have seen him and get so excited! I doubt they will come down our way. The space is too tight.

steve21800

Santa Run

If anybody has problems with getting thru to the firehouse on the the phone you can PM me with the address and I'll make sure it gets on the list. I am the Dep. Chief there. Sorry if we might make it late, the Santa Run gets more and more request each year and we added a few more nights this year.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
We have always had to take my kids to my parents house in Huntingtown to see this. When ever we have been here in Maryland they have seen him and get so excited! I doubt they will come down our way. The space is too tight.

Can't be any tighter than our court. I was shocked last year that they managed to get the fire truck down our court and out the other side without driving over everyone's yards. The road is only wide enough for a car to go down.

HotPinkChicken

If anybody has problems with getting thru to the firehouse on the the phone you can PM me with the address and I'll make sure it gets on the list. I am the Dep. Chief there. Sorry if we might make it late, the Santa Run gets more and more request each year and we added a few more nights this year.

Hey Chief.... Santa making it down my road this weekend or next weekend?? You know, cause it makes a difference of 7 or 1!

steve21800

Your street is on the list, (it was the first on the list) have to take care of my old neighbors you know. Can't guarantee what night and the times though. We are doing it this Friday and Saturday evenings and again next Friday and Saturday.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Well, Santa stopped by last Friday and I have to say, this year was lame. No big hoopla. No blaring sirens, horns, music, etc. Heck, I almost missed you even coming by. I just happen to look out the window and see the fire truck sitting in front of our house. By the time I ran and got the kids out of bed with shoes and coats on, you had started leaving. Luckily you must have seen/heard me and stopped. Then you spend all of 30 seconds talking to my kids. Long enough to make them cry by saying they were bad for fighting with each other. Thanks alot. Nothing like having to deal with two heart-broken kids who thinks Santa hates them and won't be giving them any present for Christmas because they are bad.

Firehouse Santa- Not sure what bug you had up your hind-end when you came by my house but you should have left your attitude at the firehouse.

High EGT

Gort! Klaatu barada nikto
Dear God, please don't let me post anything stupid today and if I do, please don't let anyone "reply wth quote"!~

Reply with Quote!!!

Well, Santa stopped by last Friday and I have to say, this year was lame. No big hoopla. No blaring sirens, horns, music, etc. Heck, I almost missed you even coming by. I just happen to look out the window and see the fire truck sitting in front of our house. By the time I ran and got the kids out of bed with shoes and coats on, you had started leaving. Luckily you must have seen/heard me and stopped. Then you spend all of 30 seconds talking to my kids. Long enough to make them cry by saying they were bad for fighting with each other. Thanks alot. Nothing like having to deal with two heart-broken kids who thinks Santa hates them and won't be giving them any present for Christmas because they are bad.

Firehouse Santa- Not sure what bug you had up your hind-end when you came by my house but you should have left your attitude at the firehouse.

lbreder

2into4

OMG! Thats awful! We heard them driving around, but didnt even nudge. We knew the kids wouldnt get to see him cause of our road. Hearing what you just said Im glad he didnt come cause if some SOB said that to my kids i would have a few words for him. Sorry to hear you kids got upset. Just tell them Santa got an antler stuck up his butt!

I have to say they were opposite for me. They were awesome. Thanks again for coming to my Girl Scout christmas party. You made 16 girls and a few parents happy!!!!!!! And thanks for the tour also.

steve21800

Santa Run

Rarebreed - please check your PM

As Deputy Chief of the dept I will check into this. I apologize for any comments or attitudes Santa may have made to anyone. I will not stand for it. I was not with the crews but I could hear them thoughout the Ranch Club both nights this weekend (sirens and Santa's voice over the PA). There is no excuse for a bad Santa, but as for not hitting every street and every house...this area is large and every effort was made to hit every house on the request list plus many others. Again I apologize for bad Santa and anybody who had a problem feel free to PM me.