Southern Maryland Pickles

morningbell

hmmmmmm
I like pickles, are there any local makers of pickles?

The Weaver's in Loveville.... from Leonardtown, north rt 5, make a right on Loveville rd, I think it's the first cross rd, make a left (Loveville auction will be diagonal on your right) and follow down to the 2nd (?) house on your left, you'll see a sigh for herbs and flowers (organically grown).... the have jarred pickles and other yummies :yay:

smibarines

The Weaver's in Loveville.... from Leonardtown, north rt 5, make a right on Loveville rd, I think it's the first cross rd, make a left (Loveville auction will be diagonal on your right) and follow down to the 2nd (?) house on your left, you'll see a sigh for herbs and flowers (organically grown).... the have jarred pickles and other yummies :yay:

That would be Busy Corner Road.

Bonehead

They are not difficult to make yourself although summer is best for fresh pickling cucumbers. Salt and vinegar for dill, of course some fresh dill...sterilize canning jars and the solution, pour over freshly wasder cukes and screw on the lid. They stay crunchy that way.

PickUpTrash

Speaking of...

Does anyone happen to have the recipe for the sweet pickles you make at home in the microwave? It was the easiest recipe ever and I lost it.... TIA.