Dog Found

chrissyhh

If anyone is missing a female Jack Russell (maybe mixed). It is at my house:howdy:
Very friendly, mostly white with brown spots, she has been here since last night.

I am in Abell

Last edited:

chrissyhh

Picture of Lost Dog

Have you notified the local vet offices, shelters, animal control, etc. yet?

Yes I posted on the shelters lost & found board, but I have not called Vet's.

Attachments

• lostdog.jpg
    lostdog.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 182

KevMD

Well, let me say what the dog can’t: thanks for taking her in and giving her a warm, safe place to stay. Hopefully a very worried owner will find you soon.

dgates80

Land of the lost
Well, let me say what the dog can’t: thanks for taking her in and giving her a warm, safe place to stay. Hopefully a very worried owner will find you soon.

Ditto. And this points out the importance of:

a) chipping your pet
b) collar with a contact phone number tag
c) proper county pet tags

Think that the county shelter will hold your lost pet? Think again, maybe a couple of days, not sure the exact time frame from "dog catcher to death row" ... can't be more than a week at most.... the shelters are FULL. Do the right thing!

chrissyhh

I have call a couple of local vets and the animal shelter, posted on Freecycle and here. I can keep her until Wed. morning, after that I have to take her to the animal shelter.

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
I have call a couple of local vets and the animal shelter, posted on Freecycle and here. I can keep her until Wed. morning, after that I have to take her to the animal shelter.
And you can't take her to the vet for what reason. You need to have her scanned.

SouthernMdRocks

I don't really think that is any of your business, but if you want to come pick her up and have her scanned, please feel free to do so.

Let me see, you can take her to the shelter Wed. but you cannot take her to a vet to get scanned which will cost you nothing. Yes you ask for help finding the owner and you received good advice. By the way thank you for helping her.

AnnieC

I don't really think that is any of your business, but if you want to come pick her up and have her scanned, please feel free to do so.

you steal the dog???

otherwise there is no reason why you cant get it checked for a microchip that, if there is one, WILL GET IT HOME TO ITS OWNERS YA TARDO!!!

Been here since 2004 (4 years) and ya dont get the LOST DOG deal???

bet you stole the dog aand just want to get rid of it...now that the dog is a burden....

Better you let it go.. to go home or trot off into a yard of someone that will take it to get SCANNED for a CHIP that will get it back to its owners...

some chump you are......

baaahhhhhh humbug to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

poor doggie....needs to be scanned and mean lady wount do it.....

SouthernMdRocks

you steal the dog???

otherwise there is no reason why you cant get it checked for a microchip that, if there is one, WILL GET IT HOME TO ITS OWNERS YA TARDO!!!

Been here since 2004 (4 years) and ya dont get the LOST DOG deal???

bet you stole the dog aand just want to get rid of it...now that the dog is a burden....

Better you let it go.. to go home or trot off into a yard of someone that will take it to get SCANNED for a CHIP that will get it back to its owners...

some chump you are......

baaahhhhhh humbug to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

poor doggie....needs to be scanned and mean lady wount do it.....

Thanks AnnieC, doesn't make much sense to me. Ask for advice and then get pissed if it's not what they want to hear. They can ditch at a shelter or take for a free scanned just in case. But nonetheless, I do thank them for taking the pup in.....

chrissyhh

Thanks AnnieC, doesn't make much sense to me. Ask for advice and then get pissed if it's not what they want to hear. They can ditch at a shelter or take for a free scanned just in case. But nonetheless, I do thank them for taking the pup in.....

All I did was put out a lost notice, as to why I can't take her to a vet is NONE of your business. Also just so you know when and if I take her to the shelter they will SCAN her there.

thistle

All I did was put out a lost notice, as to why I can't take her to a vet is NONE of your business. Also just so you know when and if I take her to the shelter they will SCAN her there.

What the hell are you waiting for? You should have taken the dog to a vet or shelter immediately to get scanned for a microchip. The whole point of those things is so that a lost animal can be reunited with its family right away, not days later. Posting on this forum doesn't help except as a last resort, unless you just wanted to be praised as a hero. I just hope that if my dog ever gets lost whoever finds him doesn't waste time like this.

SouthernMdRocks

What the hell are you waiting for? You should have taken the dog to a vet or shelter immediately to get scanned for a microchip. The whole point of those things is so that a lost animal can be reunited with its family right away, not days later. Posting on this forum doesn't help except as a last resort, unless you just wanted to be praised as a hero. I just hope that if my dog ever gets lost whoever finds him doesn't waste time like this.
:yeahthat: