Not "yo momma's" Barbie any more

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Mattel Asks Girls “What’s Your Flava?” in an All-New Line of Fashion Dolls

Flava, according to “Hip Hoptionary: The Dictionary of Hip Hop Terminology” by Alonzo Westbrook, means personal flavor or style. With the introduction of Flavas (pronounced FLAY-vuhz), the first reality-based fashion doll brand that celebrates today’s teen culture through authentic style, attitude and values Mattel has created a hot hip-hop themed line that allows girls to express their own personal flava.

Here come the Flavas...Happy D, Liam, P. Bo, Tika, Kiyoni Brown and Tre...

Elle

Happy Camper!
I think these dolls are just about as ugly as those Bratz and their commercial is even more annoying.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I had never even heard of either until I just saw an article about these. The article said Mattel was using Flavas to try to compete with Bratz.

How long have Bratz been around? (You can tell I don't have kids. :lmao: )

Elle

Happy Camper!
About a year or more now. And that danged
"What's your flava, tell me what's your flava" commercial must come on about 200 times on Nick in the evenings.

citysherry

I Need a Beer
I won't purchase those Bratz dolls nor will I buy these new Barbie dolls for my girls. First, they all have on makeup and most, if not all, are inappropriately dressed, have bare midriffs and a lot of jewelry. I don't want my girls emulating them. :burning:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
They also said they had rub-on transfers (tattoos?) that you could put on them to "customize your Flava's look." :yikes:

What age group are they targeting these for? They sure don't look appropriate for the age I was (4 - 10?) when I played with Barbie dolls.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Sorry, folks - must have! They'll be gone soon enough (too trendy) then, 20 years from now, I can sell 'em on eBay and retire.

Steve

Enjoying life!
Way at the bottom of the article...

...they mention accessories that will have Sxy and Mig lining up at Toys R Us:

"...Bike Date Motorcycle sets also will be available this summer."