JPC is alive

B

Beaver-Cleaver

WTF is he talking about?:confused:

The Village Idiot said:
When a car has an accident with a buggy, then the horse is particularly vulnerable. This is not meant as some religious intolerance as some people might say, because people can still believe any religion they want or choose, but our religious tolerance must not mean that we ignore the horses being brutalized.

The Bible says three times by a prophet and twice by Jesus that God wants "mercy and not sacrifice," and that includes mercy for a horse. The Amish and Mennonites could drive a tractor, as a tractor would be a sacrifice with mercy.

The horses are afraid of the roads and of the cars. That is why they put blinders on the animal so that the horse's normal vision will be compromised. And any loud bang or a car horn scares the horse even more, and the hard pavement of the roads are harmful to the animal's hoofs and their legs, and the buggy driver has to pull harder on the reins and yank the horse's mouthpiece and give the animal a whip to keep it in obedience. And the auto exhaust fumes get into the horse's eyes and lungs, and those things do negatively affect the innocent and ignorant animal.

So what I say, and in respect to our Amish and Mennonite neighbors, is that God wants people to have mercy more so than acts of religious sacrifice.

James P. Cusick Sr., Lexington Park

LINK

:crazy:

sommpd

Is there some place in the bible where it says you should honor your responsibilties and pay your child support?

BOP

Not agressive they just drive so slow they are a danger to other drivers. The other day I almost rear ended a bugy when I was speeding down the road towards buds creek.

Be sure and report yourself on the "Report Local Bad Drivers" thread.