Hickory Hills Theft PSA

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Theft in the Hickory Hills neighborhood via mailboxes is going on. Opened mail was found in the woods near the neighborhood - people I'm sure looking for cash/gift cards during the holiday season.

If you have an alternate address, I suggest using it. Or at least make sure you get your mail as soon as you can each day.

K

ketelone

Theft in the Hickory Hills neighborhood via mailboxes is going on. Opened mail was found in the woods near the neighborhood - people I'm sure looking for cash/gift cards during the holiday season.

If you have an alternate address, I suggest using it. Or at least make sure you get your mail as soon as you can each day.

How do you know this? I can't find an article about it anywhere.

K

ketelone

I don't live in the neighborhood, but I know someone who does. And I'd rather not put their information out there. The cops were called yesterday.

Hopefully it wasn't their mail that was stolen. That sucks!

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
We had a teen-ager a few years back who was doing that. Luckily, we were never one of his targets. I haven't seen him in a year or so. He must have either moved or is locked up somewhere. He progressed to burglaries the last time I heard about him.

RaspberryBeret

Protected By Trunk Monkey
We had a teen-ager a few years back who was doing that. Luckily, we were never one of his targets. I haven't seen him in a year or so. He must have either moved or is locked up somewhere. He progressed to burglaries the last time I heard about him.

Hopefully he's in jail ........ or maybe he lives in Hickory Hills :yikes:
The holiday season certainly brings out the losers in full force. I'm glad my mailbox is locked up nice and tight.

JimW711

Driving the Z
I don't live in the neighborhood, but I know someone who does. And I'd rather not put their information out there. The cops were called yesterday.

Because I'm sure they're too stupid to realize it, the perps will soon find out that this is not a state or local crime. Stealing mail from a mailbox is a FEDERAL offense and the US Postal Inspectors will also be involved in the investigation.

:evil:

foodcritic

I was a victim of this...

They look for the "checks" that credit card companies send you. All that is needed is an endorsement. And it can be used. Right to your credit card bill. I caught mine and the credit card co. waived the bill ($600).The guy was charged with numerous crimes on the street involving stolen checks etc.

Also watch for Netflix videos.. These get stolen all the time and no one really knows. They are cheap to replace by the company easy to steal.

You can always set up a PO Box for mail OR get a locking type mail box....give the mail.

I love the late night commercials to send your "gold" jewlrey to the company for cash. They call it a safe transaction......:killingme

foodcritic

Because I'm sure they're too stupid to realize it, the perps will soon find out that this is not a state or local crime. Stealing mail from a mailbox is a FEDERAL offense and the US Postal Inspectors will also be involved in the investigation.

:evil:

The charges are/can be both local and federal. If they catch him he will be charged locally...Good luck trying to get a Postal inspector down to investigate..for federal charges..:coffee:

S

starr

Are they going to inform the people whos mail was in the woods? I noticed for like a week that my bills weren't in there like normal it was a little strange.

McFish

i heard this was going on across from hickory hills on sayre road. Sad...little punks stole a bunch of mail from the mailboxes...anyone hear anything?