Overcharged at Monterey's

J

juicylove

I ate at Monterey's over the weekend and they overcharged me 10+ dollars. I called there and they said they would credit the money back. Here it is Friday and I have no credit. This is the second time this has happened to me. Has anyone else had this same problem? If so what did you do?

Mojo

I ate at Monterey's over the weekend and they overcharged me 10+ dollars. I called there and they said they would credit the money back. Here it is Friday and I have no credit. This is the second time this has happened to me. Has anyone else had this same problem? If so what did you do?

Maybe they rememberd you from the previous times that you were in there and you didn't tip :shrug:

They give you an itemized bill prior to you making payment and then they give you the payment slip prior to you signing for it... don't you look at them...:confused:

J

juicylove

They give you an itemized bill prior to you making payment and then they give you the payment slip prior to you signing for it... don't you look at them...:confused:

The receipt I signed with the tip included was something like $51 and some change. I still have the recipt I signed. But on my bank statement I got off line it shows $65 charged to Monterey's. ???Check your statement if you have eaten at Monterey's. :doh:

Beta84

They're out to get us
The receipt I signed with the tip included was something like $51 and some change. I still have the recipt I signed. But on my bank statement I got off line it shows $65 charged to Monterey's. ???Check your statement if you have eaten at Monterey's. :doh:

I'd go in and show them the waiter's name and ask to see your stub. It was probably fudged with. Get that SOB fired.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
If you have the receipt like you say, then file a dispute with your credit card company and let them handle it.

lovinmaryland

That happened to me at Salsas before but it was for like 5 bucks so I just let it slide :shrug:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

Have you considered going back in person with receipt in hand?

misshelper

Check the bill before paying. I've been overcharged before and been charged for stuff I didn't get, but I check and a manager fixes it.

JimW711

Driving the Z

About 9 months ago, I had a Domino's Pizza delivery driver add a $3.00 tip to the charge slip after I had written a 0 on it and had given him $2.00 in CASH. I found this out 3 days later when I checked the online bank statement. I called and went ballistic with the manager advising I was calling the Sheriff's Department. He asked that I bring in the slip and I went there with the slip and the printout from the bank.

I ended up with my $3.00 back and 3 large pizzas with as many toppings as I wanted the next 3 times I called. After getting my free pizzas, I stopped ordering from them and now get my pizza from Vocelli's.

You only cross me once.:evil:

misshelper

About 9 months ago, I had a Domino's Pizza delivery driver add a $3.00 tip to the charge slip after I had written a 0 on it and had given him $2.00 in CASH. I found this out 3 days later when I checked the online bank statement. I called and went ballistic with the manager advising I was calling the Sheriff's Department. He asked that I bring in the slip and I went there with the slip and the printout from the bank.

I ended up with my $3.00 back and 3 large pizzas with as many toppings as I wanted the next 3 times I called. After getting my free pizzas, I stopped ordering from them and now get my pizza from Vocelli's.

What is this world coming to?

*shakeshead*

Beta84

They're out to get us

you always need to make it difficult for someone to change your receipt. If you just wrote a 0, they could easily edit that. Next time, write a line through it or do something that makes it more difficult to edit. This goes for all places that have a tip line. People suck and if they are being crappy they'll edit whenever possible.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

When I leave a cash tip, I write CASH on the tip line.

SoftballCrazy

"I ended up with my $3.00 back and 3 large pizzas with as many toppings as I wanted the next 3 times I called."
I wonder if they put any extra toppings/special sauces on your free pizzas while they were making them. :whistle: