Mid terms for schools

DADinfl

My oldest son called me last night to tell me he was having midterms the frist week of Jan. 5-9 is that true he goes to esperanza middle school. I have just gotten back from deployment and that week will be the first chance I get to go see him and his brother. If so what fool decide to do that have midterms right after a break. Do they really think kids plan to study. From what my exwife said he did not bring any books home with him to study.

Teacher_Lady

Yes, in St. Marys, the middle schools will be giving midterms the week we get back from break. I teach social studies and my kids will have the test that Thursday and Friday. The teachers did not pick the dates of the tests. That decision came from the board of ed. Trust me, I would not have made a decision like that, but they want the scores to go on the second quarter report card. I am not sure about science and math, but I believe they have tests that same time as well. I advise that students take some time to study because the county assessments are definitely not easy.

LusbyMom

You're a LOON :)
Doesn't Esperanza have a website where you can log in and see info from each class, all their assignments, grades etc?

Teacher_Lady

Doesn't Esperanza have a website where you can log in and see info from each class, all their assignments, grades etc?

All the schools in St. Mary's do. It is the home access center (HAC). That's what I get to spend the next couple of days doing. Grading papers and putting all the information on the computer. I wish more parents used it, though. I have had several parent conferences this year where parents had no clue what HAC was. The school that I work at makes the parents have to come in and pick up their password and user info. They won't mail them home because of confidentiality reasons, or at least that is what I have been told. Personally, I think it would make it so much easier for parents to actually use the system that cost a ton of money to purchase.

LusbyMom

You're a LOON :)
All the schools in St. Mary's do. It is the home access center (HAC). That's what I get to spend the next couple of days doing. Grading papers and putting all the information on the computer. I wish more parents used it, though. I have had several parent conferences this year where parents had no clue what HAC was. The school that I work at makes the parents have to come in and pick up their password and user info. They won't mail them home because of confidentiality reasons, or at least that is what I have been told. Personally, I think it would make it so much easier for parents to actually use the system that cost a ton of money to purchase.

That's what I thought. My nephews go to Esperanza and I have heard their parents talk about it.

awpitt

Main Streeter
My oldest son called me last night to tell me he was having midterms the frist week of Jan. 5-9 is that true he goes to esperanza middle school. I have just gotten back from deployment and that week will be the first chance I get to go see him and his brother. If so what fool decide to do that have midterms right after a break. Do they really think kids plan to study. From what my exwife said he did not bring any books home with him to study.
We're in the middle of the 2nd marking period so it's only natural that mid-terms would be around this time. You can access all of your kid's info on the HAC System...

https://smcpshac1.smcps.org/homeaccess/