Very COLD and windy!

dgates80

Land of the lost
The forecast is calling for the coldest temps so far this year tonight, likely to get down into the teens tonight, like 16F.

If you have not done so allready, would be a good idea to disconnect those garden hoses and turn off the valves to outside spigots. I did not do this last year and I had a burst pipe that I had to fix as a result --- it was the valve that goes through the block wall that split open on me. Luckily we discovered it before to leaked *too* badly.

Also, be carefull while driving, the recent rain has left lots of puddles that will freeze into skick spots on the road tonight. I know I almost slipped on my deck due to a thin layer of water left over from the rain that turned into a icy slick spot.

BRRR!

Oh, and it is gonna be windy as all get-out too. Gusts to 45mph. Sheesh! stay inside and bundle up!

Last edited:

Bay_Kat

Tropical
The forecast is calling for the coldest temps so far this year tonight, likely to get down into the teens tonight, like 16F.

If you have not done so allready, would be a good idea to disconnect those garden hoses and turn off the valves to outside spigots. I did not do this last year and i had a burst pipe that I had to fix as a result --- it was the valve that goes through the block wall that split open on me. Luckily we discovered it before to leaked *too* badly.

Also, be carefull while driving, the recent rain has left lots of puddles that will freeze into skick spots on the road tonight. I know I almost slipped on my deck due to a thin layer of water left over from the rain that turned into a icy slick spot.

BRRR!

Shame it can't be cold like this when we have precip. We'd probably still be digging out if all the rains of the past several weeks was snow instead. I'd just like to see one good snow this winter. Maybe it'll happen on January 20th?

John Z

if you will
Also, be carefull while driving, the recent rain has left lots of puddles that will freeze into skick spots on the road tonight.

Good advice. Around here they like to make nice divided four lane roads with raised medians (St. Patricks Drive, Billingsley Rd) that ooze water onto the road for days after a rain event. Makes for wonderful ice for up to a week each morning! Gotta love Chuck County Department of Public Facilities Roads Division. :yay::sarcasm:

bcp

In My Opinion
Shame it can't be cold like this when we have precip. We'd probably still be digging out if all the rains of the past several weeks was snow instead. I'd just like to see one good snow this winter. Maybe it'll happen on January 20th?
come on, give them their one day.

lets hope for some nice warm weather for them to stand out and praise their false god.

Watching them lose everything over the next few years will be joy enough.

I dont care what you do, the first people to flounder in a bad economy are those at the bottom.