Tanning

outlawrc

I don't tan, but my wife and I are going on a cruise soon (about a month from now) so any information on a good reasonably priced place along 235 would be greatly apreciated.
Is there still enough time for my wife to get a decent tan?
TIA:buddies:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Get a spray on tan at that place in Wildwood.
Take a shower and use NO LOTIONS then go get sprayed.
Works great. They use a system similar to powder coating with electrostatic application.

... but you don't get baked in an oven to cure :lol:

outlawrc

Works great. They use a system similar to powder coating with electrostatic application.

Are you refering to the gym, or is there another place?
thanks for the info.:buddies:

K

Kain99

Good time to tell this story. I work with a whack job named Mary. remember the day it was 18 degrees? This bimbo laid out in the sun to prove you could get sunburn in the winter.

Shes red but I think she's got frostburn.

Good time to tell this story. I work with a whack job named Mary. remember the day it was 18 degrees? This bimbo laid out in the sun to prove you could get sunburn in the winter.

Shes red but I think she's got frostburn.

Sure can get a burn in the winter. I've proven that many times while skiing.

rwethereyet

Yeah, okay.

DON'T DO THAT SPRAY ON CRAP!!! Your wife has plenty of time to get a tan via the tanning beds. It looks more natural than the spray on tan. Tantaztic Tanning in Wildewood is good.

meangirl

Nice lady!
DON'T DO THAT SPRAY ON CRAP!!! Your wife has plenty of time to get a tan via the tanning beds. It looks more natural than the spray on tan. Tantaztic Tanning in Wildewood is good.

:yeahthat: Also, she can make appt's in two different shops to get the tan she really wants. That's what I have to do. They won't let you tan more than 20 mins. each session usually. I found a great place in Indian Head that let me do it twice a day but they sold out and no longer have beds at all. :ohwell:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad

:lol: Not everybody tans no matter how long they lie in a tanning bed.

... and yes, taking the time to be exposed to UV light on multiple occasions and getting a natural tan looks more natural.

CrashTest

About 15 years ago I went on extended business down around Tombstone Arizona where the sun will really fry you. Within about a week I was getting really tan. I started to augment it by laying in a tanning bed to see how dark I could get. When I got home I was so dark some folks said I looked ethnic.

Once I was home I tried to maintain it just by laying in tanning beds but it didn't work and the tan faded. I concluded that it's difficult (if not impossible) to be tan just from a tanning bed alone without augmentation from natural sun.

outlawrc

Thanks for all the info.
I wish I would have came here before Christmas so I could have had another Christmas gift for her.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
About 15 years ago I went on extended business down around Tombstone Arizona where the sun will really fry you. Within about a week I was getting really tan. I started to augment it by laying in a tanning bed to see how dark I could get. When I got home I was so dark some folks said I looked ethnic.

I spent many years in Hawaii, cruising the Carribean and on Guam. Best I ever got was about a light oak color and that was by lying in the sun every day on Guam trying to tan.
Now I see a dermotologist about 3-4 tmes a year getting pre-cancerous spots burned off with liquid nitrogen.
That's why I like the spray on tan.

outlawrc

I spent many years in Hawaii, cruising the Carribean and on Guam. Best I ever got was about a light oak color and that was by lying in the sun every day on Guam trying to tan.
Now I see a dermotologist about 3-4 tmes a year getting pre-cancerous spots burned off with liquid nitrogen.

Every time I have taken her to Hawaii she has burned herself on the first day by laying out too long, of course it seems like just 20 minutes is too long.
She is fair skinned.:buddies:

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
Hopefully the guy I used to work with won't show up...

He got arrested for taking his camera to the local tanning places and sticking it up over the wall taking pictures of the ladies undressing and such.

Needless to say he got caught, caught a charge or two and even lost his job over it. :whistle:

CrashTest

Yep - If I could turn back the clock, the list of things I would never do again would be a mile long.

In terms of sun, I've been to Guam and Hawaii and places like that. I found that the high desert in the southern US is the worst place (best place) for getting fried by the sun. You have zero humidity, zero polution, and you're at about 4000 foot elevation. Can you say sizzle.

outlawrc

Hopefully the guy I used to work with won't show up...

He got arrested for taking his camera to the local tanning places and sticking it up over the wall taking pictures of the ladies undressing and such.

Needless to say he got caught, caught a charge or two and even lost his job over it. :whistle:

That is just wrong on so many levels, he nedds a good:smack:

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
That is just wrong on so many levels, he nedds a good:smack:

They fired him from his job the day he came back to work. Some ethics thing. I didn't think they could do that since nothing happened while at work but I sure don't have anything angainst it.

outlawrc

They fired him from his job the day he came back to work. Some ethics thing. I didn't think they could do that since nothing happened while at work but I sure don't have anything angainst it.

It can happen specially if one holds a clearance. Guess it still wouldn't keep him from being a total perve though.:coffee: