Wood Pellets

M

moo-cow

Hello All.
I was wondering if anyone knew of any stores in the tri-county area that HAS wood pellet fuel in stock?

I been everywhere looking and no one (the usual stores who stock it) has any.

All help appreciated!

FrmGrl

Get some!
Hello All.
I was wondering if anyone knew of any stores in the tri-county area that HAS wood pellet fuel in stock?

I been everywhere looking and no one (the usual stores who stock it) has any.

All help appreciated!
I have about 10-15 bags of Lignet Wood Pellets. I no longer have a pellet stove. PM me if you are interested. I was going to put them up in the classifieds.

OldHillcrestGuy

Right after Christmas, Walmart in California had some Pennington brand pellets, but I dont know about the other places. Places that do sell them are Sneads, Southern States, American Hardware, Sams Club has had them, Tri County, True Value and Ive seen them in Lowes this season and also Home Depot. Whether anyone has any in stock right now is another story.

M

moo-cow

Right after Christmas, Walmart in California had some Pennington brand pellets, but I dont know about the other places. Places that do sell them are Sneads, Southern States, American Hardware, Sams Club has had them, Tri County, True Value and Ive seen them in Lowes this season and also Home Depot. Whether anyone has any in stock right now is another story.
I checked all of those. I even emailed the company who makes them. To no avail.

Vince

Check ACE hardware in Lusby. They got in 21 tons, probably sold them out already, but they may have gotten another shipment. I bought 2 tons from them as soon as they got them in.

thatguy

Check ACE hardware in Lusby. They got in 21 tons, probably sold them out already, but they may have gotten another shipment. I bought 2 tons from them as soon as they got them in.

i got some from them too. Are you hagving an issue with excessive fines in your bags? i am, but it doens't seem to bother how it burns, just less pellety than i have gotten from other places

Vince

i got some from them too. Are you hagving an issue with excessive fines in your bags? i am, but it doens't seem to bother how it burns, just less pellety than i have gotten from other places
Don't have a problem with them.

I had to post again because Dye told me to.

OldHillcrestGuy

Just a bit out of the Tri County area, but not if your in Northern Calvert, Home Depot in Marlboro had pellets as of 1pm at Least about 30-40 bags near the front of the store, did not check the price, and Im not fimiliar with the brand name either, Freedom something.

M

moo-cow

I have about 10-15 bags of Lignet Wood Pellets. I no longer have a pellet stove. PM me if you are interested. I was going to put them up in the classifieds.

I will buy them. I live in Charlotte Hall. Let me know the easiest way for you. Thanks!

FrmGrl

Get some!
I will buy them. I live in Charlotte Hall. Let me know the easiest way for you. Thanks!
Sent you a PM with my contact information. I guess these things are hard to get. We bought a ton when we first got our stove. Then we moved and left the stove behind. I really miss that thing. Put out some great heat!!!

SamSpade

For those of you with pellet stoves:

What kind of stove do you have? Is it embedded in an existing fireplace/chimney? Do you just vent through the wall?

How do you distribute the heat?

Where did you get it? Do you have a maintenance agreement, or do you deal with it yourself?

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
For those of you with pellet stoves:

What kind of stove do you have? Is it embedded in an existing fireplace/chimney? Do you just vent through the wall?

How do you distribute the heat?

Where did you get it? Do you have a maintenance agreement, or do you deal with it yourself?

I have a Quadra-Fire 1200I (insert) that was placed in a built out corner in our family room while we were building. We purchased the stove at AMerican Hardware in Waldorf, but you can go to Tri County on 925, or just shop around.

Like I said the corner of the room was built specifically for a fireplace or stove, but you can vent through an existing chimney and I'm sure there are inserts out there that will fit in your fireplace if you have one. You can of course vent through the wall, the venting system has a fan that evacuates the gasses without having to rely on drafting.

As far as heat distribution there are internal fans that blow the heat into the room. My stove has a 3 speed fan that has to be manually set. (3 position switch easy access) Since we have 18 foot cathedral ceilings we have to use our ceiling fans to keep the downstairs areas warm so we just reverse the direction and leave them on low which works out pretty good. When choosing a stove, go overboard on the BTU output, if you have a 2500 sg ft home, get the stove that can heat 3000+ sq ft.

Most of the maintenance is provided by the homeowner. The majority is just keeping the stove clean. I go a little overboard and vacuum the inside everyday before start up, and make sure to dump the firepot (ash). Most people do a thorough vacuum cleaning once a week which isn't hard at all. Quadra Fire has a stove now that will automatically dump the ash from the firepot and operates on a programmable thermostat A friend of mine has this stove as a free standing unit and heats his 3000 sq ft home with it and they love it. Once a year servicing should be performed by a trained technician which includes cleaning the fans and checking switches etc. American Hardware are good people to deal with during the initial purchase but sometimes you have to keep on them about returning calls. I think this has more to do with being understaffed in the stove area as opposed to negligence.

I'm sure others stove owners will chime in and if you want you can come out to my place and check out the stove and get some answers from my wife about it because we all know how that goes.:lol:

Last edited: