Now this is a curious read....

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Whether the Gray Davis story is true or not, the fact remains: Suddenly the Democrats have decided that preying on subordinate females is wrong. When it was Willie Jeff, they dubbed the females who came forward "Bimbo Eruptions" and classified them as stalkers, whores, trailer trash, VRWC nuts, etc. When it became a Republican who supposedly did these things, suddenly these women are credible sources of abuse of power.

UFB

Here's a transcript of the Juanita Broadderick interview, lest we forget what a REAL rape victim sounds like.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
:cool: Yeah Vrai, I caught part of that interview on TV, a couple of months back.
To me, that lady must have gone through a lot of trauma after the ordeal.
You have to recall, Bill Clinton's strongest suit was, and still is to a large degree, a tremendous amount of charisma.
People just naturally gravitated to the man; even some of his greatest detractors said as much. He kind of lights up the room, and you cannot help but like him, trust him and believe what he says, even though a part of your mind is sending out red flags to the contrary.
At the time, if she was going through an extramarital affair, while her marraige was "on the rocks", one could see why she would be reluctant to come forward with an accusation.

She said finally, "I just didn't have the courage".

As an aside, during that timeframe, a lot of Clinton's detractors were suddenly showing up in the obituary pages, found dead of some very suspicious causes.

Think that fact might have entered her mind at all?:confused:

B

Bruzilla

Vrai, haven't you learned that when dealing with Liberals it's not what someone does but who the someone is? Discrimination is ok as long as the "right" people are discriminated against... war is ok as long as the "Right" people are behind it... so why shouldn't harassment be okay as long as the "Right" people are doing the harassment.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Originally posted by Bruzilla
Vrai, haven't you learned that when dealing with Liberals it's not what someone does but who the someone is? ...

so why shouldn't harassment be okay as long as the "Right" people are doing the harassment.
Good points, Bruzilla.

I guess what galls me is that these stories of Gray Davis tantrums and abuse of women right in his own office have been out there for what? 5 or 6 years?

Yet this is the first time I've read about them.

But on the eve of an election, we get an onslaught of negative stories about Arnold, but zippo about Gray Davis.

Hypocritical SOBs, is what I'd call the LA Times and your local channel newstations.

Looks as though the left wing conspiracy group is leaning so far to the left, they are tilting towards snakesh!t!

As one commentator opined this morning, if California elects a Republican as State Governor, the Liberal Leftists can just about forget that state's electoral votes going anywheres but to G.W. Bush in 2004!

I would imagine that threat is making just a few people sick to their stomachs.

B

Bruzilla

I think that the only thing that will be interesting in regards to California in 2004 will be how badly Nancy Pelosi gets whacked as Minority Leader in the Congress. She's really pushing things to the left, and if the Dems lose a lot of seats I think there will be a lot of soul searching about how wise it was to put her in the lead role.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by Bruzilla
She's really pushing things to the left, and if the Dems lose a lot of seats I think there will be a lot of soul searching about how wise it was to put her in the lead role.
The DU guys think the reason they lost seats is because they weren't liberal enough.

Npw they've upped the ante - Arnold is also a Nazi sympathizer and he forcibly raped a woman. Every time I turn on the TV, that's all I hear about.

B

Bruzilla

And he hires illegal immigrant labor at his house.:biggrin: I was watching Hardball and Mathews had some California commentators discussing the election. Some gal who's an editor of a paper out there, and who made no effort to hide her political leanings, said very loudly "... and I guarantee you that he has illegal immigrants working at his house." I thought Mathews was going to let her get away with that, but he jumped right on her and said "Wait a minute, you know that for a fact?" She then tried to poo-poo the question off as a "well, everyone hires them" thing, but Mathews stayed on her with "and you can prove that he has hired illegal immigrants?", and that was when she finally backed down from the statement.

On Fox & Friends this morning, some Dem was trying to blame the California deficit on Bush, and Kilmeade pinned her down by asking how Davis's spending habits are in any way controlled by Bush. Oh, and this woman went from saying "groping" to "sexually assaulting".

F&F also played a clip from the Tonight Show where Leno made a joke about Davis calling for a complete and thorough investigation into the charges of sexual harassment by Arnold, then he went off to have lunch with Bill Clinton. :clap: :clap: :clap:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Wouldn't you think the Dems would be plotzing for joy at having a Kennedy spouse in the Governor's seat? But that R after his name is just making them nutso.

SamSpade

What is really weird is that NOW is having a cow over him, insisting he will be bad for reproductive rights. Hello? He's pro-choice. If you actually read what he says, he's not very "Republican" at all, but they're doing everything they can to crush this guy.

B

Bruzilla

You have to remember that Davis is one of the Golden Boys of the Democratic party. There was a lot of talk of him running for president and his name's been mentioned as a VP for Hillary in 2008. If he gets taken down that's going to be some kind of statement on Democrats in general, and the Clintons in particular since they've invested so much in supporting him.