What the heck is it.....

...with Town Creek and people burning leaves!?!?! 2 neighbors decided to "burn" leaves today. I say that with tongue-in-cheek because the leaves are wet and they do nothing but smolder. It stinks. And one of them lives immediately adjacent to a huge tract of woods. Ya think he's just put them in the woods.

Open burning should be banned in residential neighborhoods. There is no need for it.

K

Kain99

Call The Fire department... If they don't have a permit fire will go out!

W

Wenchy

...with Town Creek and people burning leaves!?!?! 2 neighbors decided to "burn" leaves today. I say that with tongue-in-cheek because the leaves are wet and they do nothing but smolder. It stinks. And one of them lives immediately adjacent to a huge tract of woods. Ya think he's just put them in the woods.

Open burning should be banned in residential neighborhoods. There is no need for it.

Is this a new phenomenon in TC?

It happens all of the time across the road in BA.

SoMD makes me laugh.

Son today asked why we had to take the trash to the "dump".

Call The Fire department... If they don't have a permit fire will go out!
I have to tread lightly. Neighbors....

Is this a new phenomenon in TC?

It happens all of the time across the road in BA.

SoMD makes me laugh.

Son today asked why we had to take the trash to the "dump".

No, nothing new. Just very annoying. It never fails that the instant it's nice enough out to open a window, someone lights up some leaves and I have to close up the house again.

K

Kain99

Prove it. :razz:

From Maryland DNR Site

Forest Fire Protection The Maryland Forest Service enforces open air burning regulations. The following regulations apply to activities in woodland, and within 200 feet of woodland, or activities adjacent to or within an area where flammable materials, that could ignite and carry fire to woodland, are located. These regulations do not apply in incorporated towns or to small recreational fires such as campfires.

Open Air Burning Regulations

A person may not engage in open air burning without permit. The following conditions apply:

1. There is a natural or constructed fire break at least 10 feet wide completely around the material to be burned that is free of flammable materials;
2. Adequate personnel and equipment are present to prevent the fire from escaping;
3. At least one responsible person remains at the location of the fire until the last spark is out; and
4. Burning occurs between the hours of 4:00 pm and 12:00 midnight EST, except when the ground is covered with snow the burning may occur at any time so long as all other requirements are met.

In addition to the requirements of this regulation, a person engaged in open air burning shall comply with all other requirements of other state and local jurisdictions.

To obtain a Maryland DNR Forest Service Open Air Burning permit contact your local Forest Service Office.

misshelper

Not me!

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
From Maryland DNR Site

Forest Fire Protection The Maryland Forest Service enforces open air burning regulations. The following regulations apply to activities in woodland, and within 200 feet of woodland, or activities adjacent to or within an area where flammable materials, that could ignite and carry fire to woodland, are located. These regulations do not apply in incorporated towns or to small recreational fires such as campfires.

Open Air Burning Regulations

A person may not engage in open air burning without permit. The following conditions apply:

1. There is a natural or constructed fire break at least 10 feet wide completely around the material to be burned that is free of flammable materials;
2. Adequate personnel and equipment are present to prevent the fire from escaping;
3. At least one responsible person remains at the location of the fire until the last spark is out; and
4. Burning occurs between the hours of 4:00 pm and 12:00 midnight EST, except when the ground is covered with snow the burning may occur at any time so long as all other requirements are met.

In addition to the requirements of this regulation, a person engaged in open air burning shall comply with all other requirements of other state and local jurisdictions.

To obtain a Maryland DNR Forest Service Open Air Burning permit contact your local Forest Service Office.
St. Mary's County Department of Public Safety - Safety Tips

Open-Air burning without a DNR-Forest Service permit is allowed when the following conditions are met:

*There is a fire break of at least 10 feet around the material being burned, free of flammable material;
* Adequate personnel and equipment are on the site to keep the fire under control and prevent escape;
* At least one responsible person remains with the fire until the last spark is out;
* Burning must occur between the hours of 4:00 p.m. and 12:00 midnight, except when the ground is covered with snow.

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!

Heck back here they pile them up in the rain ditch next to the raod to burn them.

Last edited: