For a Good Time Call Part 2!!

Geek

Hi everyone!

I know there was interest in Erin Mattingly's 2nd annual Benefit Dinner Dance.

The food was outrageous last year and the same gentlemen is donating his services this year.

Great music and a great cause.

Erin is upbeat and trying to do the best for her kids, but this year could possibly hold some of the greatest challenges she has faced yet.

Feel free to ask any questions about the event here :howdy:

Attachments

• benefit flyer 2009.txt
    974 bytes · Views: 122

Geek

Who is Eriin?

She is my friend that has been diagnosed with Lou Gehrig's disease. (Also known as Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis). It is a progressive neuromuscular disease that affects almost all parts of your body, except your mind. She is 34 with three kids. 10,7 and 2.

SShewbert

What love is all about
Hi everyone!

I know there was interest in Erin Mattingly's 2nd annual Benefit Dinner Dance.

The food was outrageous last year and the same gentlemen is donating his services this year.

Great music and a great cause.

Erin is upbeat and trying to do the best for her kids, but this year could possibly hold some of the greatest challenges she has faced yet.

Feel free to ask any questions about the event here :howdy:

That is a little hard to read. Any other way to get the information?

LusbyMom

You're a LOON :)
She is my friend that has been diagnosed with Lou Gehrig's disease. (Also known as Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis). It is a progressive neuromuscular disease that affects almost all parts of your body, except your mind. She is 34 with three kids. 10,7 and 2.

How is she doing?

Geek

How is she doing?

Her attitude is amazing. Really, she just tries to focus on her kids She has experienced a recent rapid decline. Her voice is going and her ability to walk is almost gone.

She recently used some of last year's benefit money to purchase technology that will help her communicate when it is too hard to talk. She also put a deposit down on a used van that is wheel chair accessible. Insurance pays for a top of the line wheelchair (Thank God), but does not pay for ramps, improvements to her home, or any way for her to get to Doctor's appointments. So thanks to the amazing, generous people here in Southern Maryland, she is able to have some of the things that will make living with disease more bearable for her and her children.

Thanks for asking :huggy:

LusbyMom

You're a LOON :)
Her attitude is amazing. Really, she just tries to focus on her kids She has experienced a recent rapid decline. Her voice is going and her ability to walk is almost gone.

She recently used some of last year's benefit money to purchase technology that will help her communicate when it is too hard to talk. She also put a deposit down on a used van that is wheel chair accessible. Insurance pays for a top of the line wheelchair (Thank God), but does not pay for ramps, improvements to her home, or any way for her to get to Doctor's appointments. So thanks to the amazing, generous people here in Southern Maryland, she is able to have some of the things that will make living with disease more bearable for her and her children.

Thanks for asking :huggy:

Glad to hear some things are going well... sorry to hear others are not. I graduated with Erin, I didn't really know her in school but I remember her. And I tell you what it sure makes you think.

tyky

eieio
Glad to hear some things are going well... sorry to hear others are not. I graduated with Erin, I didn't really know her in school but I remember her. And I tell you what it sure makes you think.

Her ex is my hubby's cousin, we had Xmas dinners and such together and I thought she was the greatest

Geek

Here is the text from the flyer

Flyers Courtesy of:
Printing Press, Inc.
41690 Court House Drive
Leonardtown, MD 20650
301-475-5531
Sponsored by:
Jerry's Seafood
9364 Lanham-Severn Rd.
Seabrook, MD 20706
301-577-0333
Ticket Deadline -February 14, 2009
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT ERIN, PLEASE VISIT:
Erin
To Benefit:
Erin Mattingly
Saturday, February 21, 2009

Doors Open at 5:30 P.M. -12:00 Midnight

Hollywood Firehouse Social Hall
Hollywood, M D
Tickets: $50.00 per Person / $100.00 per Couple

-MENU

APPETIZERS: DINNER:
CAESAR SALAD, BEEF TENDERLOIN, 30l. CRAB CAKE,
CRAB DIP PASTRIES, SESAME CHICKEN, ROASTED RED POTATOES,
SPICED SHRIMP FRESH GREEN BEANS
ASSORTED DESSERTS

DOOR PRIZES, RAFFLES, ETC. THROUGHOUT THE EVENT

FOR TICKETS CONTACT:
Larry Payne at LPayne65@yahoo.com or call 301-904-0475
Danny Morris at 301-536-3603 or Gatton's Barber Shop in Hollywood, MD

Make checks payable to: Erin's ALS Care /

ADVANCED TICKET SALES ONLY

SShewbert

What love is all about
How fast do they usually sell out? My husband gets paid on Tuesday but we have to use the money for when my son has surgery and then he is going to be out of work for a week because of it so I probably wont have the $100 until about the 1st or so.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
I have met Erin and she is absolutely one of the bravest women I have ever met. If you meet her, you'll never forget her.