MD i file tax question

MDFamily1017

Hello,

Has anyone ever used the ifile MD personal tax site to file their state taxes? If so about how long does it take a direct deposit refund to process. I file opened Tuesday Morning (1/13) and I filed that late morning. I was hoping if I was an early filer I'd get my refund faster...

Has anyone ever had an issue using the site in the past or receiving a refund in a timely manner?

Thanks for any advice!

mingiz

Horse Poor
I use it every year and you get your refund back quicker. If I remember correctly it took about a month...if that....You can also go in and see if they have processed it... and it will tell you when they will deposit it if you do direct deposit.

MDFamily1017

I use it every year and you get your refund back quicker. If I remember correctly it took about a month...if that....You can also go in and see if they have processed it... and it will tell you when they will deposit it if you do direct deposit.

Wow you say exactly a month? With direct deposit...sheesh...

The message I get when I try to check the status is "We have not received your return for processing yet. Please note that acknowledging receipt of your return takes place when your return has processed and appears in our computer system."

But when I log into I-file it shows my return as submitted with a confirmation number...it is kind of confusing, I guess if I do not get the deposit by Tuesday I'll call.

Any other advice? Thanks everyone! I am always paranoid about using new systems and online services for the first time.

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
The Md website always gives this message. It will change the day the money hits the bank. Today is the 15th though so don't sweat it as it has only been 48 hours and change since you filed. Most people who are owed money file as soon as they can so it could be a few more days.

MMDad

Lem Putt
Hello,

Has anyone ever used the ifile MD personal tax site to file their state taxes? If so about how long does it take a direct deposit refund to process. I file opened Tuesday Morning (1/13) and I filed that late morning. I was hoping if I was an early filer I'd get my refund faster...

Has anyone ever had an issue using the site in the past or receiving a refund in a timely manner?

Thanks for any advice!

It has never taken mine longer than two days to be deposited.

awpitt

Main Streeter
A month? Thta's crazy. MD normally gets my refund to me within a week.

mingiz

Horse Poor
The earlier you file the sooner you get it back...I was guessing a month. May have been sooner...Have CRS...:whistle:

Marleysmama

If there are no errors, my MD state refund always hit my bank within 7-10 days. The message you got is the only message I have ever gotten until the day it was direct deposited, lol. Try not to stress too much.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Try and adjust your withholding so you get a very small refund.
This is money you've loaned interest free to the government. Try and loan them as little as possible

Poor financial planners get a tax refund! It's an interest free loan to the government.

Good one, "Poor financial planners get a tax refund." I like it. Saw one the other day I liked too, "There is no such thing as savers remorse."

Back to taxes . . .

I advise to owe a little, or get back very little. I do not want to rely upon State or Federal money managers to actually have money to pay me my refund when it comes time.

If your income in 2010 is going to be roughly the same as 2009 and you are getting a significant amount back from State and/or Federal I suggest you adjust the amount being held back from your pay. Conversely, if you are owing a lot you will want to adjust as well . . . at least enough to avoid any underpayment penalties.

If your income changes dramatically as the year progresses you can adjust as needed at any time.

It is your money . . . keep it. Or if you owe it, pay it. Keep it simple.

MDFamily1017

lol, wow time flies...

I try to make my w4 and MD tax form yield as little refund as possible, I claimed all the right exemptions? But I am still owed a refund (go figure) Not huge but enough that I want it, lol

I think I will start doing my MD taxes the way I did my Feds just claim exempt all year and pay what I owe before April. This should work in my favor I think.

But here we are waiting for refund again, I filed on i file Jan 12th, on the 19th I got a message saying the return was received and being processed. Last year I got it back on the 22nd, let's see if this holds true this year.

jenileigh

I filed 1/13. Haven't received my refund yet. Online shows that it has been received and is being processed. Thought it would have been deposited today. Every year it's been taking longer and longer.

Marleysmama

Yea I filed mine on the 15th, so if you guys are still waiting, I will be too.. lol. It does seem like each year it's getting longer. Just made me nervous when the recordings said 72-96 hours, and we're all pushing past that. Although the holiday does probably throw it off, I get paranoid liek I did something wrong. lol
:cds: <---me at tax time. haha

jenileigh

Just a follow up - I spoke too soon. MD online refund status just updated. Shows my refund was released 1/22. Should be in my bank account on Monday. I think last year it was released one day but didn't show up in the bank account until the next day.