Doggie Day Care

mikesuep

I just got a new puppy and I have had no luck in finding any kind of dog care in St. Mary's County. So I am going to start one up in a couple of months. I believe there are a lot of dog owners who do not like to leave their animals at home and I hope I am not the only one who feels this way. The Daycare will offfer many things including owners participation in dog walks, auctions to raise money for the Humane Society, and lots more. I would like to get other peoples opinions on this.

Thank you

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
What kind of price schedule are you looking at?

Are you going to be able to board overnight?

What will be your hours of pick up and drop off?

Are you going to be able to dispense medicines?

Will you be providing the food/treats?

Are you Bonded? Licensed? Insured?

I've looked at doggie daycare before, but the hours were unreasonable for someone who commutes to DC.

mikesuep

I haven't worked out everything yet. I am going to try and keep the prices reasonable because I am not going into this trying to get rich I just think they need something like this in St. Mary's County. Not bonded yet but I will be and I will also be licienced. The hours I am thinking about will be M-F 6:00 am until 7:00 pm, and yes I am also thinking about boarding depends on the County rules and regulations.

Thank You,

mikesuep

I am sorry I didn't answer all your questions. I would feed the dogs if requested and there will be treats offered and I would give medicine. I would also try and work something out if the hours are not right for you.

mikesuep

One other thing I forgot to mention is that I am going to have webcams set up so people can view their dogs at Doggie Day Care.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Originally posted by mikesuep
I am sorry I didn't answer all your questions. I would feed the dogs if requested and there will be treats offered and I would give medicine. I would also try and work something out if the hours are not right for you.
Woo hoo. If ya can work with my hours, then ya just got yourself a client. :clap: (Don't let Crabcake's dawgs near mine thu - they might influence him)...:wink:

J

justhangn

Re: Re: Doggie Day Care

Originally posted by migtig
Woo hoo. If ya can work with my hours, then ya just got yourself a client. :clap: (Don't let Crabcake's dawgs near mine thu - they might influence him)...:wink:

Gee, thanks Angry wench, I'd be sick now if I actually ate something and didn't have a nooner. :twitch:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Re: Re: Re: Doggie Day Care

Originally posted by justhangn
Gee, thanks Angry wench, I'd be sick now if I actually ate something and didn't have a nooner. :twitch:
:roflmao: I don't want my dawg molested. :wink:

mikesuep

I really don't see it interfering with my personal life. The Daycare is going to be located on my property where I have 3.5 acres. I am also going to have people working for me so I really don't foresee any problems.

mikesuep

Yes they would have to have all of their up to date shots. I will have a form that they will have to have signed by their vets. I will also take in dogs for 1 to 3 days a week for what ever the person would want.

spinner

Better check the zoning first...I opened a dog grooming shop in my home this summer and we had to jump through a lot of hoops to get it...there are specific zoning laws pertaining to animal services depending on how your area is zoned. We live in a rural preservation district and while I can have the grooming shop I can't have any animals overnight.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm sorry - I've tried to hold it in but I finally have to ask:

Why do people with long work hours and busy lives get dogs? Why not get a cat or a hamster or something - a pet that doesn't require the attention a dog does?

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Originally posted by vraiblonde
I'm sorry - I've tried to hold it in but I finally have to ask:

Why do people with long work hours and busy lives get dogs? Why not get a cat or a hamster or something - a pet that doesn't require the attention a dog does?
When I first got my dawg I was a house frau, newly married, fresh out of the military, and was left alone for long periods of time. My husband at the time thought it would be a great idea to give me a puppy instead of a baby (which I now concur was the best decision he ever made on his own). My circumstances have since changed. Yet I am still responsible for the dawg. TG it wasn't a baby. :ohwell:

slackwater514

If everyone who worked long hours or had the potential to didn't get a dog or got rid of the one they had - how much worse would our pet overpopulation be? How many animals that could have led happy lives, sleeping or with a petsitter during the day, and then with a loving family at night, wouldn't ever get the chance? Life isn't perfect for us, and it won't be for the dogs, either, but I think they would rather live in a less-than perfect but loving situation than die waiting for perfection to come along. Just my opinion...