Inaguration overestimated?

bcp

In My Opinion
looking at traffic.coms cameras around the area, I dont see any traffic that is worse than usual for a Monday morning around the beltway.

were the numbers overestimated for the crowds?

Friday going home it was a bit heavier than most days, maybe people spread the rush into the city across enough days to reduce the traffic? and if so, is it going to be bad when they all try to escape?

has anyone been on the metro yet?

Vince

Maybe there just aren't as many stupid people than they thought there were. :shrug: But then, he did get voted into office so disregard my first statement.

onebdzee

off the shelf
I heard yesterday that they were shutting down all the bridges going into DC from Va today :shrug:

bcp

In My Opinion
I heard yesterday that they were shutting down all the bridges going into DC from Va today :shrug:
they have already been shut, so I was expecting to see the traffic forced into the maryland side.
Im not seeing what I was expecting.

could my predictions have been wrong? :cds:

Nonno

Habari Na Mijeldi
Can't get enough of this pic. :killingme

Attachments

• Bush385_468105a.jpg
    Bush385_468105a.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 71

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Apparently cellphone providers are concerned about their networks being overloaded in the DC area. They've released a statement asking people to minimize cellphone use, which will go ignored and could result in the whole network shutting down.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Apparently cellphone providers are concerned about their networks being overloaded in the DC area. They've released a statement asking people to minimize cellphone use, which will go ignored and could result in the whole network shutting down.

Oh for crying out loud... all that needs to happen is for THE ONE to say the word and his bidding will be done. The network is safe.

You just heard that yesterday? You need to get out more! :huggy: :lmao:

I was thinking that. glad you said it.....

As per the Today show, there was a huge rush in the early morning hours, 3-4AM, then it started to slack off. I'm thinking many just decided to stay away from DC, between the crowds and the cold weather.