Goldfish and Angelfish

renegadeslave

Obsidian Salamander
I noticed crabcake said she had a goldfish in with her angelfish (among other fishies), but I have read other places that angelfish and goldfish don't get along. Does it depend on the size of the aquarium? :confused:

To tell you the truth I think they would get along fine. The question is why? Why would you want to mix angels and goldfish? IMO the chunky, awkwardly moving goldfish would take away from the angel's natural grace in the water. IMO some angels would look good in about a group of 4-6 (depending on what size aquarium you have) with some silver dollars. Remember angels can get rather large and you do not want an overcrowded tank. If you need any more help feel free to contact me.

Originally posted by thakidistight
To tell you the truth I think they would get along fine. The question is why? Why would you want to mix angels and goldfish? IMO the chunky, awkwardly moving goldfish would take away from the angel's natural grace in the water. IMO some angels would look good in about a group of 4-6 (depending on what size aquarium you have) with some silver dollars. Remember angels can get rather large and you do not want an overcrowded tank. If you need any more help feel free to contact me.

ok im good now
:biggrin:

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
I think I was misunderstood. I don't have angels in with my goldfish. The goldfish are my daughter's and are in her tank in her room. The angels are in my community tank in the living room with other friendly fish. :wink: