Take the somd.com California Recall Poll

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Originally posted by jlabsher
kind of biased there. #10 had the "L" word in it, totally unnecessary.
:bs:

Which would be better spicks or wetbacks?

There's nothing wrong with saying Latinos.

jlabsher

Sorry about that chief.
Sorry, number 9 had the L word Liberal, which was unnecessary. Also the use of the words "fair and balanced" when referring to media outlets kind of let the reader know the slant of the poll writer.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Admin --

Check #9 in the poll results. Two of the answers are the same.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Sorry, number 9 had the L word Liberal, which was unnecessary.
You must be a liberal since you offend so easily.

WAAAAAAHHHHH! :bawl:

The "L" word! BooHOO! :bawl: :bawl:

:roflmao:

jlabsher

Sorry about that chief.
Just trying to be "fair and balanced" Good thing it didn't mention redneck trailer park trash.

J

justhangn

Originally posted by Sharon
You must be a liberal since you offend so easily.

WAAAAAAHHHHH! :bawl:

The "L" word! BooHOO! :bawl: :bawl:

:roflmao:

I thought he meant LOSER. :shrug:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Oh my, 6th grade level insults, what WILL I do?
Study up to get beyond your third grade level and try and compete.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Analysis...

#1: No on re-call. The vote for him they should be stuck with him. I hope there is a move to eliminate the re-call as it is.

#2 Arnold won not because if his celebrity per se but because of the style and substance of his celebrity. Babs is a celebrity. So is Alec Baldwin.

#3 Arnold will excel. Everything he has done is based on figuring out what the task takes, making a plan, sticking to it and working very hard and disciplined at it, including flexibility. He will get the apparatus to work with him and compromise on what is required. He will use his political capital to minimize the compromises however.

It will be EASY to turn the WMD of public displeasure on pols who aren't helping. This was Davis' major flaw, he had no juice.

#4 His is no Jesse. Jesse would not compromise and that is not the way it works in politics for the most part. He is no Reagan. Ron is a part of our landscape and culture fom way back. Arnold is the great immigrant story. Arnold is closer to Ron if I have to choose. Another reason Arnold will do well is because thsi is IT. He cannot run for higher office.

#5 No. I would have voted for McClintock. Of course, I voted for Keyes.

#6 Respect the discipline and rise.

#7 The allegations changed nothing for me. Though Arnold is nowhere near the predator Clinton is, like raping Brodderick, the victim needs to press charges then and there. Same thing goes for the allegations about Davis pushing people around. It seems it was awfully tough for anyone to get worked up over Arnold copping a feel after the Clintons show and all the hear, see and feel no evil done by the left. Hypocrisy has some limits. Absurdity is one.

#8 The LA Times is not a tool. It is merely partisan like many other sources of 'news'.

#9 It seems Democrats cannot comprehend Latino's supporting common sense law. They are Americans to and this threatened their safety as much as anyone else. The bill passed twice and was veto'd twice. Davis has no moral compass it seems.

#10 The borders are wide open for three reasons: People who want illegals to have drivers liscenses and voting rights need...illegals. Businesses want labor. The VAST majority of illegals are here for the same reason as everyone else; persuing the American dream. Lastly, ilegals get screwed out of SS/Med which helps pols put off doing anything about it.

#11 I have no problem providng public services for anyone...as long as they can pay for it. Got a boo boo or runny nose? Pay for it. Worried about a heart attack? Better buy some insurance.

#12 California faces the same problem every other state and the feds face: Spending rising faster than the economy that supports spending. IF Cali (and DC and MD for that matter) had MERELY held spending INCREASES to inflation and projected population growth there would be NO budget deficits. NONE.

#13 My sex is...none of you damn business!

#14 I'm a registered Repuke as they like to say o'er at the DU.
A progressive Republican.

#15 I consider myself VERY moderate. See #12. I'm not for massive spending cuts per se. What could be more moderate than allowing spending to grow as income grows?

#16 The Wash Times.

#17 The Times of NY.

#18 stereotyping is kinda tough. There are a bunch of people you never heard of who wanna do the job. Then, there are a bunch of people you never heard of until they become Gary Condit.

#19 Other...

I'm over 13. Most of the time.

B

Bruzilla

I guess I stand alone on the border security question. :biggrin:

Anybody have any suggestions on how you can close the borders and make it effective without bankrupting the country?

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry, number 9 had the L word Liberal, which was unnecessary. Also the use of the words "fair and balanced" when referring to media outlets kind of let the reader know the slant of the poll writer.
I don't see the use of the word Liberal in #9 is unnecessary. All of the popular political theories regarding the issue are presented as possible answers.

Since "fair and balanced" is the byline for Fox News, I changed the question to read "balanced and fair" so as not to subconsciously sway any voters.

somd.com has nothing to gain by presenting an unfair and ideologically driven poll. The election is over and we are certainly not going to unduly influence millions of California voters. We feel that the questions presented are all posed in a neutral tone and the answers provide the conservative, moderate, and liberal possibilities as well as a choice to abstain where applicable.

Of more concern to us are the numerous polls that are constantly presented on the TV news programs. Rarely due they present the number of people sampled, the possible error rate, the context of the polling, or even the actual questions asked and the order in which they were asked. Given this lack of information, alot of mischief could be present in the results.