Garrett Co Schools - MD - Open 2 Hours Late
Howard Co Schools - MD - Open 2 Hours Late
Montgomery Co Schools - MD - Open 2 Hours Late
Pr George's Co Schools - MD - Open 2 Hours Late
Queen Anne's Co Schools - MD - Open 1 1/2 Hours Late No AM Pre-K
St. Mary's Co Schools - MD - Open 2 Hours Late Code 1 for employees

Must be icy out there. Be careful!

Vince

With as much salt as they've put on the roads, everything should be running on time, but that's Maryland for ya.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
guess you are driving a 4x4 school bus?

Tuesday, my daughter's bus went off the road into a ditch and scared the stuff out of her. There wasn't much snow on the ground then, so I'm glad they made this call, the back roads are probably pretty slick.

Vince

when was the last time you drove a school bus?
Been a few years, but that was over in the UK and RH drive with a stick shift. Strange trying to shift with your left hand and the roads over there are not as wide as ours. Good thing the cars are smaller. :lol:

Last edited:
W

WildCherry

Hubby said there are ice patches out there. He saw several as he drove his 5 minute drive to work. I don't want my kids on a school bus with ANY ice on the roads!

Vince

In Pa. if they get 3 ft of snow and the plows go through, they put chains on the buses and we went to school the next day, on time. Bunch of candy azzez down here.

glhs837

Power with Control
In Pa. if they get 3 ft of snow and the plows go through, they put chains on the buses and we went to school the next day, on time. Bunch of candy azzez down here.

well, ya know, being from MA, and having lived in ME and MN, I kinda see where your coming from, buuuuuut, theres this. The drivers of those buses in those places most likely grew up there too, and had a good grounding in driving in traction limited conditions. The drivers down here? Not so much, I'm guessing.

When I was a kid in MA, the 70s, I think the rules was 12 inches in a 24 hour period. Anything else was normal snowfall, and school was on.

Vince

well, ya know, being from MA, and having lived in ME and MN, I kinda see where your coming from, buuuuuut, theres this. The drivers of those buses in those places most likely grew up there too, and had a good grounding in driving in traction limited conditions. The drivers down here? Not so much, I'm guessing.
When I was a kid in MA, the 70s, I think the rules was 12 inches in a 24 hour period. Anything else was normal snowfall, and school was on.
I would definitely have to agree with you there.

sunflower

Loving My Life...
Why? Do they have a foot of snow to drive through? Came from the back roads and they are not bad. I have never seen people get so worked up about a little frost or ice. :banghead:

It's about the kids... Not about the Adults!! Safety First..

I_LUV_KIDS

So where do I check if Jumpbunch is delayed as well? I no the coach told me where to check but I forgot. Its a class for little kids right in Leonardtown and they work with the local schools.

Where can I check?

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome

:lol: Looks like that happened yesterday near Worcester.

gsxr2005

I dont blame people for being worried about there kids safety . Heck with the pictures on thebaynet.com that I seen with buses,cars and trucks going off the road . A bus even flipped, I mean really come on ..

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
So where do I check if Jumpbunch is delayed as well? I no the coach told me where to check but I forgot. Its a class for little kids right in Leonardtown and they work with the local schools.

Where can I check?

Try calling them. I'm not sure who posts those kinds of closings for down there.