W.t.h.

4d2008

Ok, So I had 2 Quaker Parrots. 1 Recently passed away :(

With that, My other bird has become a HUGE pain in the arse. (not that it wasnt before lol)...

Korky (birds name), is a little tird, very demanding, huge attitude (but funny), and can be extremely affectionate.

When Im alone we kinda get along but he has become a little more aggresive and has fallen completely in love with my Girl Friend. If she is in the house and he is on her I need to just stay away. :cds:

He loves to give kisses and get kisses, the other day he was on her shoulder I leaned in to kiss him and the SOB bit a hole in my lip then laughed!!!!

I cant touch him or really her if they are together. Before I have Parrot for dinner is there something I can do to change things around or has he chosen his life mate and Im basically screwed :ohwell:

kvj21075

Meow
are u saying that he has chosen me as his life mate???? :biggrin:

he is in mourning and i was there for him while u were away. he will get over it.

Cowgirl

My mom has a quaker. I would suggest disciplining him. :shrug: My mom disciplines hers when it bites. :shrug: Maybe when he gets aggressive towards you, have gf put him back in the cage or in "time out". Do you spend time with him by yourself? Maybe spend more time with him one on one. :shrug:

4d2008

My mom has a quaker. I would suggest disciplining him. :shrug: My mom disciplines hers when it bites. :shrug: Maybe when he gets aggressive towards you, have gf put him back in the cage or in "time out". Do you spend time with him by yourself? Maybe spend more time with him one on one. :shrug:
I would love to know how she disciplines hers.... I spend time with him, talk to him, (we take showers together every morning) :blushing: but since his gf passed away he has changed alot and Im going crazy with the yelling, biting, and attitude.

kvj21075

Meow
gf isnt touching korky when he is pissed!!!!

he just needs time, he is in mourning

4d2008

and yes I know he is sad n upset Im just wondering if this is going to continue (if someone else has had this happen).

kvj21075

Meow
I would love to know how she disciplines hers.... I spend time with him, talk to him, (we take showers together every morning) :blushing: but since his gf passed away he has changed alot and Im going crazy with the yelling, biting, and attitude.
you know, u dont throw me out if i bite you, sometimes i get smacked tho :shrug:

kvj21075

Meow
and yes I know he is sad n upset Im just wondering if this is going to continue (if someone else has had this happen).
has he been affectionate with u when im not around? maybe its just me. i wont be around when u move to your new place so maybe itll go back the way it was before.

Cowgirl

If hers bites, Mom just grabs her beak (don't be too rough) and says firmly, "NO Bite!" You have to do it every time. Quakers are very smart, so don't let him get away with stuff just because he's cute.

gf isnt touching korky when he is pissed!!!!

he just needs time, he is in mourning

Does he also try to bite you? I'd start disciplining him, or he's going to get spoiled. :lol: He is in mouring, but that doesn't mean he gets to act like a jerk. :shrug:

They're as smart as toddlers, so don't let him get away with it. :lol:

Beta84

They're out to get us

His gf didn't pass away...his ex gf did! while u were gone, he and kvj came up with a plan to kill his gf so they could be together. Oh and before I forget...you may want to stop eating her cooking. She's slowly poisoning you too...:frown: