Mascara Lies!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I bought that Lashfinity mascara by MaxFactor - the one that says it stays on and won't give you that raccoon-eyed look? Well, today I have a cold and that crap is running all over the place! I look like Alice Cooper!

The beauty product industry - what a scam! Instead of wasting their time with those stupid corporations, our elected officials would be better served investigating and prosecuting the make-up liars!
:cussing:

Christy

b*tch rocket
Hey Cari! That's the same one I use! Doesn't run too badly, yet doesn't adhere like crazy glue to my delicate lashes! :lmao:

As for lipstick, that new cover girl stuff, that never comes off without a beltsander is great!

SxyPrincess

Most of my make-up products are by Estee. Their mascara's seem to work great for me. I can only get it off using eye makeup remover. :bubble:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Originally posted by SxyPrincess
Most of my make-up products are by Estee. Their mascara's seem to work great for me. I can only get it off using eye makeup remover. :bubble:

I mostly use Estee Lauder make-up too, but not their mascara. :nono: I use Lancome Defincils or in a pinch Lorel Voluminus (sp?). Both work great, don't run and wash off with my face wash.

Lilly

The Original Lilly
I always use the clear mascara. Forget the brand but it comes in a see-through bottle and looks like a tube of jelly. Doesn't give the same definition as far as color goes - but still gives the lengthe and volume. Best part! - no raccoon eyes ever!

watercolor

yeah yeah
I actually use avons mascara. It works really well. I use to have the same problem with everything, and it just running like crazy. But..with the avon kind that is in the blue tube, it works great! I used it when I went to my dads retirement, there was not a dry eye in the house, but my moms, aunts, and my mascara, was still perfect!! :)

Lilly

The Original Lilly
I just find it funny that Jet actually read and responded to a thread about mascara!!

Is nothing sacred?

Cheetah

Not to change the subject, but as far as eyeliner, I recommend L'Oreal's Pencil Perfect. None of that pencil sharpening business, I always end up oversharpening or the tips break off. This stuff just twists out as you need it to and you can use every last bit of it .

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I've recently discovered waterproof liquid eyeliner and I love it! I remember when my Mom used to use that stuff back in the 70's and it made her look like Endora or something. I didn't realize you could do a fine line and not this big blue swoop! :lol:

Christy, my beltsander lipstick always comes off when I put on lip schmacky - I finally figured out it's because the schmacky is petroleum-based. So now I know how to get the lipstick off easily. :lol: