angel foods ministry

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
As long as I can afford to buy my own groceries I will, as this is meant to assist those who truly need help due to limited income - such as seniors or those who have lost their jobs. By taking advantage of that "good deal" when one can buy their own food, they are limiting what's available to someone who needs assistance.

If you truly need this, then it's a great thing that's available.

However, if someone has extra available, they should consider donating to Angel Food Ministries or other area food banks. Non-perishable food is desperately needed for all the food banks in our area.

As long as I can afford to buy my own groceries I will, as this is meant to assist those who truly need help due to limited income - such as seniors or those who have lost their jobs. By taking advantage of that "good deal" when one can buy their own food, they are limiting what's available to someone who needs assistance.

If you truly need this, then it's a great thing that's available.

However, if someone has extra available, they should consider donating to Angel Food Ministries or other area food banks. Non-perishable food is desperately needed for all the food banks in our area.

No, from what I have been told they are trying to get more people buying from them so that the profits from sales can be used to provide for those who are needy

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
No, from what I have been told they are trying to get more people buying from them so that the profits from sales can be used to provide for those who are needy

I don't see that info on their website. Therefore I don't feel comfortable taking food out of the mouth of someone who needs it more. Because what I see in the payment area says "we take food stamps".

I don't see that info on their website. Therefore I don't feel comfortable taking food out of the mouth of someone who needs it more. Because what I see in the payment area says "we take food stamps".

ok I have emailed the church that provides this program for some info... if they are looking for buyers I would rather buy from them.. so that any profit goes to help others rather than just making a company richer

"the church" has to buy the foods they distribute..

Last edited:

wineo

loving life
ok I have emailed the church that provides this program for some info... if they are looking for buyers I would rather buy from them.. so that any profit goes to help others rather than just making a company richer

"the church" has to buy the foods they distribute..

It does, the more that order the better profit they make for their programs. There were a few ladies at the HD that always ordered. When my office was there, they would pass around the monthly choices to see if you wanted to order. I feel it is a pretty good deal and money goes to good cause.

aosmiles

I will set the record straight on Angel Food. My husband and I are the Directors for Angel Food in this area. We have been running this program since July 2007.

This is a non-need based program. If you order, it does not take away from anyone else in need. It is not charity; it is not someone's donated food; it is not second-hand dented food. It is quality food that you can purchase for a better price. Our $30 box retails for $65 at the grocery store (i.e. Food Lion). Any money paid for the food goes to Angel Food. We, our church and satelite churches/organizations who work with us, get no profit. If you pay $30, for example, that is how much we send to AFM headquarters.

We run this program because times are hard for everyone-single people and families with children. Everyone needs help these days. We beleive that Angel Food helps people with their food needs. People should not have to choose between food or medicine or electricity. We can help with the food part.

In short, every person can order from this program. You can order for yourself, a loved one or to donate food to a family we know of in need. IF anyone donates money, that money is used to purchase food for families in need that we know of, hear about or otherwise are informed of.

Should you wish to order, check out our website: Home. Select ministries. Select Angel Food. For general information, go to Welcome - Angel Food Ministries. This is a program for everyone-in a church or not, in need or not. Want more information? E-mail: ccc_angelfoodministries@verizon.net.

aosmiles

Yes we do accept Food Stamps. This program is approved by the FDA. We also accept all major credit cards, debit cards, money orders, cash, and certified checks. It is not just the unemployed or single mothers who use food stamps (EBT). People who work full-time jobs find it hard to make it every single day. Jobs are not paying enough for people to support themselves and their families like they used to. So, we accept EBT to help lessen the burden on families. If you could pay less and get more, would you not do that? It is a way to be a good steward with your money.

Again, you ordering does not take away from anyone else. I order every single month. This leaves me extra money for diapers, wipes, house hold cleaners, gas, etc. Again, if you want more information or have questions, e-mail me at the address noted above.

Jigglepuff

Chin Jiggla!
I will set the record straight on Angel Food. My husband and I are the Directors for Angel Food in this area. We have been running this program since July 2007.

This is a non-need based program. If you order, it does not take away from anyone else in need. It is not charity; it is not someone's donated food; it is not second-hand dented food. It is quality food that you can purchase for a better price. Our $30 box retails for $65 at the grocery store (i.e. Food Lion). Any money paid for the food goes to Angel Food. We, our church and satelite churches/organizations who work with us, get no profit. If you pay $30, for example, that is how much we send to AFM headquarters.

We run this program because times are hard for everyone-single people and families with children. Everyone needs help these days. We beleive that Angel Food helps people with their food needs. People should not have to choose between food or medicine or electricity. We can help with the food part.

In short, every person can order from this program. You can order for yourself, a loved one or to donate food to a family we know of in need. IF anyone donates money, that money is used to purchase food for families in need that we know of, hear about or otherwise are informed of.

Should you wish to order, check out our website: Home. Select ministries. Select Angel Food. For general information, go to Welcome - Angel Food Ministries. This is a program for everyone-in a church or not, in need or not. Want more information? E-mail: ccc_angelfoodministries@verizon.net.
Cool! So theoretically you could buy two orders; one for a needy family and one for yourself.

aosmiles

Oh, yes! You can order however much you want. Once you order a $30 box or a senior/convenience box, you can order as many boxes as you like. I had someone order six (6) $30 boxes and then several specials. It is all up to you and what you want to do. :)

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
I agree with the others, thank you for explaining how your program works.

A humble suggestion would be to put this kind of clarification on your website.